Are hood ranges noisy ? V.bosch

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Paid like 2k for the Bosch signature series range hood and its noisy as fuck. Is this normal?

eK

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
pyq9cz8wq42.gif

Reactions: dorkultra

.chris

William Taylor was a brisk young sailor
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
They’re designed to move a lot of air. Moving lots of air requires a certain degree of noise. How many cfms we talking?

.chris

William Taylor was a brisk young sailor
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
And the blowers are weak and need a wide pipe to push without resistance.
Mine seems to be a beast. At full tilt it’s moving 900cfm and that’s enough to shovel all the smoke from burning a rib-eye out of my house and into the street lol. I can watch it get funneled into the grates (real grates, not that mesh crap).

It’s one of my favorite things.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
are these things noisy? i bought one and its noisy.

:ugh2:
stupid ass thread was own made.
Mine is noisy
I only have experience with mine
Asking if they're supposed to noisy

How much of a simpleton are you?

TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
They’re designed to move a lot of air. Moving lots of air requires a certain degree of noise. How many cfms we talking?

Honestly it doesn't feel like the noise is proportional to the amount of air it sucks :wtc:

makemedie

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Y’all get the brand Schweigan over there? Hoods are noisy as fuck. But I got a Schweigan. Goes great with any other brand cuz they sell em with no brand marked on it. But the big difference is the fact that the fan is mounted out on the roof rather than inside where you hear it. Almost dead silent as the lowest setting, quieter than other hoods when it’s at Max.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
🤣
Mine seems to be a beast. At full tilt it’s moving 900cfm and that’s enough to shovel all the smoke from burning a rib-eye out of my house and into the street lol. I can watch it get funneled into the grates (real grates, not that mesh crap).

It’s one of my favorite things.
Building code requires a make up air system if your range hood is exhausting >400cfm because of negative air pressure

You have one or you opening doors and shit to keep your air pressure neutral?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman