Are houses generally static? Cost wise. Thinking of a place in Austin]

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
So like 5 acres. I
It’s more of a destroy a home and rebuild it type of thing.
the land is the expense. But does a house cost the same in each part of the country? I’ve never built a house

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
:rofl: no

Your pricing is going to depend a number of factors that are always in flux, so you might get a quote right now that would be less or more than if you got another one as little as a month later.

Also any quoted price you receive will be lower than what you actually end up spending.

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
1ebfd21.png

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Same house I'm buying in my area is $100k more than the same house the developer is building elsewhere in the country. Yes.

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Why would a house be any different than literally ANYTHING ELSE in the world?

Do eggs cost the same in Manhattan, NYC as they do in Manhattan, KS? You are insanely stupid. Like, OFFENSIVELY so.
um this post is very narrow minded. We live in a GLOBAL economy. Competitive pressures make it so labour and material costs are equalized. Get educated dummy.

• Haha
Reactions: Formz

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448