ART Are there any flash brackets that DONT require mounting directly to the foot of the f

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
flash?

I was able to pick up a 550EX super cheap yesterday ($175) because the foot is slightly loose.

Now I wanna be able to use this thing without it wabbling.. Are there any options for mounting it to a bracket that doesn't use the foot? (I assume that's what the piece that goes into the hotshoe is called?)

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
550 has a sync port right?

BAM, FINGERS IN THE SYNC PORT
No.

Anyway, what's loose? The 550's are pretty easy to repair if you've got patience and the right tools. Hell, I think an entire foot assembly from Canon is only like $30... 4 screws and the whole thing pops off.

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
No.

Anyway, what's loose? The 550's are pretty easy to repair if you've got patience and the right tools. Hell, I think an entire foot assembly from Canon is only like $30... 4 screws and the whole thing pops off.
the actual foot itself (assuming I'm using the right term)

the piece that slides into the hotshoe

And yes, I've found the part online for like $10.50 - I just don't want to take this thing apart and have it not go back together properly :hsd:

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
550 has a sync port right?

BAM, FINGERS IN THE SYNC PORT
wat? :rofl:

Yes, it has a sync port..... What does that have to do with anything? :confused:

(Sorry, I've owned a flash for approximately 24 hours :rofl: )

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Yeah, that's the high voltage input for an external battery. You can add a sync cord pretty easy (if you take the foot off) or you can just use a little PC->hotshoe thingie...

koolaids

OH YEAH
Jul 21, 2006
some triggers don't have a hotshoe on them, like pocketwizards and cybersyncs, so you need to use a sync cord to connect them

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor