GUN As many as 6 dead after shooting spree in Wi

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 7, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As Many As 6 Dead in Forest County Shooting; Suspect is Law Enforcement Officer
    By Chris Lato

Reports indicate as many as six people are dead in a shooting rampage in Crandon, Wisconsin. The suspect is reportedly with the Forest County Sheriff's Department. At least report authorities were still trying to hunt him down.

Authorities say this is a fatal shooting - a witness says just before 3 am gunfire erupted at a home in Crandon. A witness says 10 area youths between 17 and 20 were at the home, and one suspect, the law enforcement officer, fired all the shots.

At this time, authorities are still trying to apprehend the suspect, considered armed and dangerous, and who may be on foot.

The whole neighborhood was still on lockdown as of mid-morning. There are varying reports on the number of those injured and fatalities - numbers are not confirmed at this time, and it was not immediately confirmed what sparked this shooting.

2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

oh as many as not as man as that makes sense.

"The suspect is with the Forest County Sheriff's Department."

Just goes to show cops are people too and have all the same flaws.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Report: 6 Youths Shot Dead in Wisconsin; Sheriff’s Deputy Sought

Sunday, October 07, 2007
    A Wisconsin town is under lockdown after a suspect believed to be with the local sheriff's office went on a killing spree, gunning down as many as six youths in their Crandon home early Sunday morning.

Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley told FOX News that the town is under a "gag order" regarding the overnight event but no one in the town can leave church, home or anywhere else they happened to be Sunday morning.
    :hsugh:
    A witness told WMTJ Radio that gunfire erupted in the home at about 3 a.m. Sunday morning. Ten area youths from the ages of 16 to 21 were reportedly in the home when the shots were fired. Fatalities are being reported, but the number of casualties is still unconfirmed.

A family member of one of the victims told WITI-TV, a FOX affiliate, that one of the victims involved in the shooting is a student at the Milwaukee Area Technical College.

The suspect, believed to be with the Forest County Sheriff's Department, allegedly fired all the shots, WMTJ reporter Dan O'Donnell told FOX News. He is on the loose and believed to be armed and dangerous.

---

Yeah fuck you if I want to leave my house I'm going.

4. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

True.

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I want to know what logic they had behind telling everyone to stay where they were. Yeah we are dealing with a cop who knows how we function, so he probably is still in the area of the crime :ugh: instead of getting as far away from areas where you will be looking for him as possible. Secondly how do you enforce such a thing? Waste police manpower having officers stop anyone outside and close roads to traffic? I guess anyone who is outside is assumed to be suspicious and on the run/fleeing the area.

I agree if I wanted to leave I would leave and if they gave me trouble, just tell them I had no idea what was going on and "go home" and by go home I mean leave the officer and stop at where ever I was going before returning home.

Thirdly, why can't this crap happen on a weekday? Sorry boss police said I couldn't leave home so I just sat at home and cleaned and loaded my guns. Or sorry I missed the exam professor dumbledore cops said I could leave my house even on my magical flying broom. But a weekend, the only good that does you is you can tell the wife your not mowing the grass this weekend.

6. Sardaukar

Sardaukar OT Supporter

The first article confused me. I took that to mean that the suspect had already been detained.

Your second article makes it much clearer. :wavey:

7. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Clearly now we must focus keeping guns out of the hands of cops.

8. Sardaukar

Sardaukar OT Supporter

But it was only one crazy cop who went on a rampage...

So tell me again why they are exempt from many of our firearm laws?