CAR ask me anything about the ZR1

F8Lstang

in savasana
Jul 4, 2000
Las Vegas, NV
just got back from a dealership sponsored week long training on aluminum spaceframe and carbon fiber body repair. spent most of the week cutting off and replacing frame rails and welding in new ones. now I have to fix all the wrecked vettes in nevada since no one else is certified :hsugh:

appleton wisconsin is cold
9bm2q1.jpg

cutaway zo6 (similar body/same frame)
21jamhx.jpg

the frame we hacked up and welded back together
htaa2x.jpg

they had a total of four bare frames on various frame racks/measuring systems
24fbt5y.jpg

TS
TS
F8Lstang

F8Lstang

in savasana
Jul 4, 2000
Las Vegas, NV
some of the unusual shit:
wheels must be removed from the car to clean since the carbon ceramic rotors will absorb anything. that means no tire shine, brake cleaner, nothing.

the cooler for the charger has its own coolant resevoir and heat exchanger

dont scratch the roof, the UV clearcoat is a $6000 repaint

you have to buy special ramps to put it on any lift, since there is no ground clearance at all

ZR1 weighs 220lbs more than the z06, even with twice as much carbon fiber

CJPA

Jan 14, 2002
AZ, USA
I think it was Ferrari that got the electromagnetic suspension from the 'Vette, but I could be wrong. I heard that the ZR1 uses braking components found on the Enzo/FXX though.

you're correct, the system was developed by Delphi for GM, and Ferrari used a version of it after Delphi developed it. They couldn't get it to hold up to teh beating it would take in the Z06 so the Z06 got a traditional strut/shock setup. Apparently Delphi found out how to strengthen the MR system though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxvell32