GUN "Assault" waepons ban v. obama

TS
TS
Zackkahry

Zackkahry

May 3, 2007
UF
I know it's not news, but he just put it on his official site. Sorry if it's a repost, but if you want to limit them they should allow searching outside of the main forum.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
I know it's not news, but he just put it on his official site. Sorry if it's a repost, but if you want to limit them they should allow searching outside of the main forum.

Its been on his campaign site for quite some time. http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/#crime-and-law-enforcement I don't know why this is just making the rounds today but it seems to be. Its not really uplifting to know that america has decided to find out a candidates position on the issues a week after they elected him.

TS
TS
Zackkahry

Zackkahry

May 3, 2007
UF
Its been on his campaign site for quite some time. http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/#crime-and-law-enforcement I don't know why this is just making the rounds today but it seems to be. Its not really uplifting to know that america has decided to find out a candidates position on the issues a week after they elected him.

I know it has, and I'm well aware of his history that basically opposes all gun ownership, but I thought it was relevant being that he put it on his .gov site instead of the usual campaign rhetoric.

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
While his nutsack riding fanatics have been saying that he's not going to go after guns, it's rather sad that they've just basically ignored this as well as his history against guns. Top that with Biden's/Pelosi/Shumer/Kennedy/Feinsteins very vocal support for not only banning guns put confiscation.

When I see people say "oh they aren't going to try to take guns away" it makes me realize that those people.....
A. haven't done any research.
B. honestly want guns banned
C. HOPE that somehow it's not going to happen, again.

I really hope myself that he and Dems don't try it again because I really believe that another AWB attempt could lead to some serious violence.

Mace Windu

OT's Resident Pile of Awesome
May 4, 2004
People I work with keep saying he wont take our guns away. When I give logic and evidence that he will, they come back with, "Well, he wont do it." and walk off.

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
the thing that people are missing about his statement isn't that he and Biden want the AWB back...

It's the "make it permanent" part. THAT should be what people are focusing on now.

You don't make a bill like that permanent by bringing it up in congress and voting on it as a bill..

You make an executive decision and make it law without even bothering to bring it to a vote.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
the thing that people are missing about his statement isn't that he and Biden want the AWB back...

It's the "make it permanent" part. THAT should be what people are focusing on now.

You don't make a bill like that permanent by bringing it up in congress and voting on it as a bill..

You make an executive decision and make it law without even bothering to bring it to a vote.
Really? Aren't all the other crappy gun laws we live with a result of normal legislative procedure? NFA? GCA? 86 ban?

AustinL911

Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
May 24, 2005
Columbus
all of them can also be voted out too. Want them out? get politicians to remove them.

I'm not really familiar with Executive orders. What are they for and why would a President use one?

Issuing one as a permanent law seems to me like he'd be overstepping his boundaries as Prez. WTF happened to Checks and Balances?

HisXLNC

๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑
Oct 26, 2000
Island of Electronicus
While his nutsack riding fanatics have been saying that he's not going to go after guns, it's rather sad that they've just basically ignored this as well as his history against guns. Top that with Biden's/Pelosi/Shumer/Kennedy/Feinsteins very vocal support for not only banning guns put confiscation.

When I see people say "oh they aren't going to try to take guns away" it makes me realize that those people.....
A. haven't done any research.
B. honestly want guns banned
C. HOPE that somehow it's not going to happen, again.

I really hope myself that he and Dems don't try it again because I really believe that another AWB attempt could lead to some serious violence.
I don't think there will be any violence. The "lunatic fringe" isn't even that crazy these days.

TS
TS
Zackkahry

Zackkahry

May 3, 2007
UF
I'm not really familiar with Executive orders. What are they for and why would a President use one?

Issuing one as a permanent law seems to me like he'd be overstepping his boundaries as Prez. WTF happened to Checks and Balances?

The same thing that happened to states rights, as well as our own rights unfortunately :(

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
Looks like it got taken down from the website. It used to be under 'America Serves' IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor