ART Attempt at alter ego...

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Attempted alter ego shot. Idea from Derek Blanks.

What do you guys think of it?

alterego by mikmit, on Flickr

:x

I like the idea...but it's too busy for me (rug, pillows and feet right over a painting). Plus, it COMPLETELY looks like two different people, so all the work to have both of them in the image and all that, seems kind of like a waste.

To be more specific, I'd like to have the two be a bit more recognizable (not necessarily side by side but something more along these lines). Hope that helps brah. :wavey:

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

:o?
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
not sure how to fix the distortion. guides or how-to? :(

thanks for the cc

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
hm, i kinda wanted them to look completely different, but then i see your point...hmmmm gotta rethink this through.

tun

Jul 22, 2002
New York City
it's cuz it's wide angle. she's fine in the middle but anything away from the center of the frame is gonna be distorted.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
You - could definitely do with de-cluttering

Take the picture down, move the rug, move the cushions

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
Good execution, very poor scene / environment control

I think the lighting is really nice too on the subject, but it's kinda flat on teh scene since everything is nicely lit and there's no fall-off or subject isolation

One other thing that stands out to me is that the ambient light from outside is coming through the curtains. Next time you could either put some white card over teh window behind the curtain, or use more powerful lights

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
PS.

herpy-chrerpmerp.jpg

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
Have the sexy pose be her trying to distract her nice one. Interact with the book, throwing a pillow or pulling off the glasses.

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
Good execution, very poor scene / environment control

I think the lighting is really nice too on the subject, but it's kinda flat on teh scene since everything is nicely lit and there's no fall-off or subject isolation

One other thing that stands out to me is that the ambient light from outside is coming through the curtains. Next time you could either put some white card over teh window behind the curtain, or use more powerful lights

yeah, i wasnt sure how to reallly do/execute this photo. just went in and shot. to be honest, i thought the clutter would add to the "are these really the same girl?" effect :(. also tried shooting with the rolladens down (window blocker thingy) but looked better with them open.

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
Have the sexy pose be her trying to distract her nice one. Interact with the book, throwing a pillow or pulling off the glasses.

im no photoshop guru. having actual interaction between the two is mad hard yo.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor