###Attention Men !!!!Very Lonely!!!! Very Depressed !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
TS
Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), also known as body dysmorphia or dysmorphic syndrome (originally dysmorphophobia), is a mental illness that involves belief that one's own appearance is unusually defective (worthy of hiding or fixing), while one's thoughts about it are pervasive and intrusive (at least one hour per day), although the perceived flaw might be nonexistent (BDD's delusional variant).[1] If the perceived flaw is actual, it is minor or perception of its significance is severely exaggerated.[1] Relatively common, found in about 1% to 2% of the general population, BDD is about equally prevalent in women and men.[1] BDD can occur in adults or in children, yet usually begins during adolescence.[1]

Codependent relationships are a type of dysfunctional helping relationship where one person supports or enables another person’s addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility, or under-achievement. Some codependents find themselves in relationships where their primary role is that of rescuer, supporter, and confidante. These helper types are often dependent on the other person's poor functioning to satisfy their own emotional needs.[1] Many codependents place a lower priority on their own needs, while being excessively preoccupied with the needs of others. Codependency may also be characterized by denial, low self-esteem, excessive compliance, or control patterns.[1]

bro, if you pick up suicide and neediness from that..I don't know what to tell you.

You missed this part.

BDD usually involves suicidal ideation and often involves suicide attempts.

TS
TS
Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
TIL = body dysmorphia = being suicidal not having severe body appearance issues

It says one of the results is suicidal thoughts.

Bro I might kill myself one day but not until they outlaw dating websites.

horus

Equinsu ocha say “he will harm you”.
OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Washington D.C.
Whoa whoa whoa. So you are saying I don't have BDD?

oh no you probably do

but since I'm only a non professional online doctor I strongly suggest you seek the help of a local doctor.

just looking out for your well being bro this is serious shit

TS
TS
Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
oh no you probably do

but since I'm only a non professional online doctor I strongly suggest you seek the help of a local doctor.

just looking out for your well being bro this is serious shit

I don't have it. I'm actually very vain, but don't hide it at all.

And not suicidal.

So let's tackle the next bullshit diagnosis you've yoked upon me.

Tally ho, Dr. Horus!

horus

Equinsu ocha say “he will harm you”.
OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Washington D.C.
I don't have it. I'm actually very vain, but don't hide it at all.

And not suicidal.

So let's tackle the next bullshit diagnosis you've yoked upon me.

Tally ho, Dr. Horus!

so you're a narcissist?

also why do you insist on this assumption that is yu have body dysmorphia you must be suicidal?

TS
TS
Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Tell me why I am codependent when I cut off last year's ex from all communication after a week, and haven't even so much as texted the other one since we broke up in September.

TS
TS
Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
so you're a narcissist?

also why do you insist on this assumption that is yu have body dysmorphia you must be suicidal?

Because it says that's one of the symptoms.

Since I don't have any of the other symptoms, and I don't have that one either, it's an open and shut case. Bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor