CAR ATTN SUBARU CREW: 4 days till 2022 WRX reveal

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
I would test drive, but the older I get, the more an outback looks like a better buy to me.

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
I've disliked the Outback every time I've test driven it or gotten one as my loaner :o it feels like I'm driving a turtle :rofl:

I've been in about every trim of that car and there's a BIG difference between the base 182hp engine and the more powerful 260hp motor.

The Onyx Edition was probably the best car I've driven last year.

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
I've been in about every trim of that car and there's a BIG difference between the base 182hp engine and the more powerful 260hp motor.

Onyx was nice. I was worried the fabric/whatever it’s called/startex? Would deal with dog smell.
That said I got a car seat for when the dog is in the back.

Wish I could get her a bed that lets the seats lay down but she likes the softness of back seat

rockstar b

M A Z D A B O Y S
OT Supporter
Jun 25, 2007
Athens, Georgia
After having a 2016, I’m glad to see they figured out the torque curve. The stock engine tuning was abysmal. Nothing that some aftermarket stuff didn’t fix, but I don’t know how it got out of the door with the way it was.

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
Onyx was nice. I was worried the fabric/whatever it’s called/startex? Would deal with dog smell.
That said I got a car seat for when the dog is in the back.

Wish I could get her a bed that lets the seats lay down but she likes the softness of back seat

A car seat and a dog seat cover for the entire 2nd row works?

My friend took that car to a 5 day trip to big bear. When she gave it back to me there was no smell whatsoever. It was also very easy to wipe and vacuum the pet hair off.

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
Wtf
My outback is great to drive
Napa leather. Xt engine isn’t bad and drives smooth as butter
Well if she's renting or getting a loaner, 95% of the time, you're getting one with the barebones engine.

I can't disagree with her conclusion. base motor is slow.

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
A car seat and a dog seat cover for the entire 2nd row works?

My friend took that car to a 5 day trip to big bear. When she gave it back to me there was no smell whatsoever. It was also very easy to wipe and vacuum the pet hair off.
Well it was a fear I had. Then I live in Texas so I was like ventilated seats…then I was like if I drive this for 10 years ( my avg kinda for cars) I can afford the upgrades.

I got a cheap as hell cover at Walmart and dog doesn’t make it smell. It’s easy to remove if I need. I might even get a front seat cover if I can learn how to turn off the passenger airbag.
Dog has gone on leather and she doesn’t scratch it. She didn’t scratch the Volvo. If in a year she still hasn’t I’ll just remove the seat cover.

No matter what I know my dog gets dirty and people do. I’ll keep it around and a fitted sheet should smelly gross people get in the car. I wanted leather and the touring came with features. Again the 10 year thing.

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Well if she's renting or getting a loaner, 95% of the time, you're getting one with the barebones engine.

I can't disagree with her conclusion. base motor is slow.
Yeah. I never even tested the base motor. Someone on Subaru outback.org or whatever dropped down in engine. I was like what. But I don’t drive a lot and if I drive highway I can hit adaptive cruise at 65 and get real good mileage.

Love the OB. Took getting used to but it’s way more car than most suvs I’ve driven.

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
Yeah. I never even tested the base motor. Someone on Subaru outback.org or whatever dropped down in engine. I was like what. But I don’t drive a lot and if I drive highway I can hit adaptive cruise at 65 and get real good mileage.

Love the OB. Took getting used to but it’s way more car than most suvs I’ve driven.
You live in Texas and you cruise at 65mph on highways? :greddy:

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
You live in Texas and you cruise at 65mph on highways? :greddy:
80% of my miles are Temple to Austin. I go with low traffic so I’ll just listen to a podcast and go.

New car with 1373 miles so I didn’t go steady or above 80 for the first 1000 miles.
I bet this OBXT gets terrible high speed mileage

I will say I love how it feels more stable going 70 around highway loops

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana

Wtf
My outback is great to drive
Napa leather. Xt engine isn’t bad and drives smooth as butter

I tested the nicest Outbacks they had on the lots when I went in both 2013 and 2018. They just weren't for me. :dunno:

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
80% of my miles are Temple to Austin. I go with low traffic so I’ll just listen to a podcast and go.

New car with 1373 miles so I didn’t go steady or above 80 for the first 1000 miles.
I bet this OBXT gets terrible high speed mileage

I will say I love how it feels more stable going 70 around highway loops
I'll give you pass because you're an :04:.

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
I'll give you pass because you're an :04:.
Lol
If I were in city I’ll do what I want but if the difference is 10 minutes and I’m listening to a finance podcast going straight on a highway I’m just chilling

The adaptive cruise control added to lane departure auto correction. I just hit cruise and barely pay attention for an hour. It’s great.
I’ve not tried but I’ve only hit 90 yet. But no desire as I haven’t hit the highway to calls or west Texas yet
No tickets with adaptive cruise control.

Reactions: Jinx

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
I also feel kind of dwarfed in an Outback since I'm short :o if I want to feel that small in a Subaru, I want an Ascent :rofl:

I've ended up with (non-base) Imprezas both times, but it's been a hard toss up with Forresters. I just prefer the feel of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448