CAR ATTN SUBARU CREW: 4 days till 2022 WRX reveal

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
I also feel kind of dwarfed in an Outback since I'm short :o if I want to feel that small in a Subaru, I want an Ascent :rofl:

I've ended up with (non-base) Imprezas both times, but it's been a hard toss up with Forresters. I just prefer the feel of them.
I wanted the wagon so the outback was me. The others truly feel like suvs and that wasn’t a move I wanted to make.
Also short crew.
Outback is only 10 inches longer than my Volvo was or my parents Priuses.

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
Lol
If I were in city I’ll do what I want but if the difference is 10 minutes and I’m listening to a finance podcast going straight on a highway I’m just chilling

The adaptive cruise control added to lane departure auto correction. I just hit cruise and barely pay attention for an hour. It’s great.
I’ve not tried but I’ve only hit 90 yet. But no desire as I haven’t hit the highway to calls or west Texas yet
No tickets with adaptive cruise control.
We do that on Westheimer here in Houston. :rofl:

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
"As part of that effort, Subaru Corporation is exploring opportunities for the next generation Subaru WRX STI, including electrification. In the meantime, a next generation internal combustion engine WRX STI will not be produced based upon the new WRX platform."

Ooof

RIP

Pijanica84

OT Supporter
Aug 24, 2003
Cleveland
"As part of that effort, Subaru Corporation is exploring opportunities for the next generation Subaru WRX STI, including electrification. In the meantime, a next generation internal combustion engine WRX STI will not be produced based upon the new WRX platform."

Ooof

RIP

Is this serious? What an absolute failure of a launch this car has had. Hope they discontinue the WRX/STI and bring back the Evo at this point. Subaru is dead.

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Is this serious? What an absolute failure of a launch this car has had. Hope they discontinue the WRX/STI and bring back the Evo at this point. Subaru is dead.
g11n7odzntm81.jpg

Reactions: Tiberium

Tiberium

Mar 9, 2005
USA
Good. I dumped my 2011 STi with a built up motor late last year and bought a Mustang Mach-E GT

My new "performance EV" is:

0-60 is 1.5 seconds faster
1/4 mile is 1 second faster
Fuel efficiency is 5x greater

Hmmm... $70/tank for 93 octane or $13 in electricity (sometimes $0 at free charging stations) for the same range.

No brainer.

Good job Subaru for pivoting. Late is better than never.

Reactions: majesty

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Good. I dumped my 2011 STi with a built up motor late last year and bought a Mustang Mach-E GT

Hmmm... $70/tank for 93 octane or $13 in electricity (sometimes $0 at free charging stations) for the same range.

No brainer.

If you had built an Evo the acceleration and 1/4 mile of the Mach-E would be 1.5 and 1 second slower, respectively.

• Haha
Reactions: Tiberium

Tiberium

Mar 9, 2005
USA
If you had built an Evo the acceleration and 1/4 mile of the Mach-E would be 1.5 and 1 second slower, respectively.

haha, true
... and I bet that my fuel economy would go from 17 mpg to 10 mpg :scootin:

... and with today's gas prices $70 every 140 miles sounds brutal. Now I can go 270 miles and charge for free at work, the grocery store and the gym.

Pijanica84

OT Supporter
Aug 24, 2003
Cleveland
I don’t know that a $60k EV car is the solution to rising gas prices. There needs to be way more options available to make it sustainable.

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002

No brainer.

They need to pivot. Quickly. Other brands have multiple electric vehicles, and Subaru has an upcoming mediocre rebadged Toyota. An electric Forester is desperately needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teokennet