CREW ATTN tequila crew: Which should I buy?

Sagara

o hai
Sep 25, 2005
Sweden
Any tequila fanatics here?

I’m planning to buy myself a new sipper. A total Tequila noob... but I’m really open minded to different taste palettes. I enjoyed the Los Tres Toños repo very much - hint of vanilla, oak and some ”Grass”. I’ve read quite a lot regarding tequilas made with diffusers, I want to avoid those to be sure getting as much authentic taste as possible. 🙂 So, with that and the prices in mind here in Sweden, which one do you think should be my next bottle?

- Cenote repo ~90usd
- OCHO repo ~50usd
- Herencia de plata repo ~50usd
- Herencia de plata añejo ~64usd
- Tequila arette repo ~60usd
- Fortaleza repo ~106usd
- Padre Azul repo ~108usd

Salud!🥂

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

I’m planning to buy myself a new sipper. A total Tequila noob... but I’m really open minded to different taste palettes. I enjoyed the Los Tres Toños repo very much - hint of vanilla, oak and some ”Grass”. I’ve read quite a lot regarding tequilas made with diffusers, I want to avoid those to be sure getting as much authentic taste as possible. 🙂 So, with that and the prices in mind here in Sweden, which one do you think should be my next bottle?

- Cenote repo ~90usd
- OCHO repo ~50usd
- Fortaleza repo ~106usd

Salud!🥂
maxresdefault.jpg

ssabripo

Aug 27, 2002
Ultras Sur™
:wavey:

- Cenote repo ~90usd
- OCHO repo ~50usd
- Fortaleza repo ~106usd

Salud!🥂
so are those the only ones available?

couple of things to keep in mind:
  • Sipping tequilas that are worth a shit are few and far in between, and some tend to be very VERY expensive (think Clase Azul Ultra añejo). Having said that, you dont have to break the bank to get some really good stuff.
  • Dont get caught with the names being thrown out there... a lot of them are overpriced and overhyped gargabe. Start by looking at the NOM number -> that's the base distillery that it came from, so you may be paying for $150 a bottle of Don Julio 1942 which comes from the same place as a $50 bottle!
Ok, so IF your list above is not the only stuff you got available, there are tons of really good options:
  1. Jose Cuervo Reserva de La Familia. My daily go-to. Can't beat it for the price, albeit still expensive.
  2. G4 Añejo. One of the best bang for bucks out there
  3. Clase Azul Reposado. Just phenomenal and my 2nd go-to
  4. Fortaleza reposado/Añejo. Pretty good stuff for the price.

If the list you have is the ebst you can get, i'd stick to:
  • Fortaleza reposado

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
:wavey:

so are those the only ones available?

couple of things to keep in mind:
  • Sipping tequilas that are worth a shit are few and far in between, and some tend to be very VERY expensive (think Clase Azul Ultra añejo). Having said that, you dont have to break the bank to get some really good stuff.
  • Dont get caught with the names being thrown out there... a lot of them are overpriced and overhyped gargabe. Start by looking at the NOM number -> that's the base distillery that it came from, so you may be paying for $150 a bottle of Don Julio 1942 which comes from the same place as a $50 bottle!
Ok, so IF your list above is not the only stuff you got available, there are tons of really good options:
  1. Jose Cuervo Reserva de La Familia. My daily go-to. Can't beat it for the price, albeit still expensive.
  2. G4 Añejo. One of the best bang for bucks out there
  3. Clase Azul Reposado. Just phenomenal and my 2nd go-to
  4. Fortaleza reposado/Añejo. Pretty good stuff for the price.

If the list you have is the ebst you can get, i'd stick to:
  • Fortaleza reposado
Great info!

I have mostly been a mezcal guy and all the sipping tequilas I have bought have only been anejos. Are blanco and resposado tequilas not good sippers? Best bang for the buck mainstream I have found is Don Julio.

ssabripo

Aug 27, 2002
Ultras Sur™
Great info!

I have mostly been a mezcal guy and all the sipping tequilas I have bought have only been anejos. Are blanco and resposado tequilas not good sippers? Best bang for the buck mainstream I have found is Don Julio.

there are plenty of really good blancos and reposados to sip on.... clase azul reposado (I mentioned it above), and Casa Dragones blanco are great sippers and not so bad price wise.

Don Julio, Herradura are good mainstream tequilas, but I wouldn't necessarily call them "sippers". Give G4 and Fortaleza a try, you'll thank me later

Reactions: djnick and SAKU39

Napkin

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2005
store by me got some Tears of LLorona, just cant stomach the 300 dollar price.

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
my latest haul...
qaTkkx7.jpg

need to re-up on some other shit
How is the Casa Dragones Joven? I have only tried the barrel blend anejo and it was so different I wasn't sure I liked it at first but now I am on my second bottle. Just wondering if the extra money for the Joven is worth it.

ssabripo

Aug 27, 2002
Ultras Sur™
How is the Casa Dragones Joven? I have only tried the barrel blend anejo and it was so different I wasn't sure I liked it at first but now I am on my second bottle. Just wondering if the extra money for the Joven is worth it.
one of the best tequilas you can sip, despite the flavor being "artificially engineered" - in fact, is exactly what I look for in a gin, for example, and, in this case, they did a great job. Casa Dragones is the best engineered of all diffuser products. I'd go as far as saying that if there is a right way to use a diffuser, CD is first in line for that classification.

The only thing better for sipping tequilas that I've tasted was Clase Azul Ultra Añejo, but then again, i can't afford that :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448