CAR SRS Audi dealer sold me a CPO with damage, refuses to fix.

TopGun113

Aug 7, 2001
Last year I bought a CPO Audi SQ5 with 7k miles. Turns out it was damaged when I took delivery, now needs over $1k of work, and the dealer is saying “sorry can’t do anything for you.”

I have pictures from the purchase date that show it was damaged.

I’m escalating to Audi of America but having trouble getting through (hold times exceed an hour) and I read they take weeks to get anything done.

Do any of you car guys have advice? I’m not averse to suing them but don’t want it to come to that because I’d lose money.

Edit: Update, Audi of America covered it for me like a week after I made this thread.

Last edited:
TS
TS
TopGun113

TopGun113

Aug 7, 2001
Didn’t want first post to be so long; additional details below.

Sometime several weeks after purchase (don’t really remember when) I was washing the car and noticed the tail light had a crack. It’s barely visible, but sure enough can be seen in the pictures I took when I bought it.

I think they sold me a clean-carfax ( :jerkit: ) CPO car that was in a fender-bender that they fixed themselves.

I more or less forgot about it because it was so minor and we were just entering covid lockdown.

The car went in for scheduled maintenance on 12/19 and they ran it through their scratch-o-matic carwash. That evening the lights quit working with a warning light and trouble code. Then I noticed an inch of water in the light housing. This was the first I had any trouble. I had no idea the damage was more than cosmetic.

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
A year ago and you didn’t notice it until now. Does the CPO cover the light housings? Could be a seal. Other than that...if you didn’t notice any damage or repair at delivery then you don’t have a case. If you noticed anything at delivery and documented it you might have something. You could have found damage at delivery and refused the car.

ashzero

Kickin' back
Mar 16, 2000
Yea I mean, you drove it off the lot like that, not sure what kind of recourse you have but curious what the outcome will be :o

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Better be glad you had pics from when you picked it up. Otherwise you would be SOL. Still gonna be a hard battle because they could possibly say the crack got worse over the course of the year... Good luck!

Reactions: TopGun113

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
Jan 30, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Use twitter.

Tag @Audi

Lay out your details politely and thoroughly as you've done here.

Mention that you've only taken it to twitter because the dealer wants nothing to do with you, and the customer service phones are an hour+ wait.

This. Use social media as a tool, but don't go ballistic from the start. You'll get taken care of. Tag any corporate affiliate of Audi/Audi of America

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
A year ago and you didn’t notice it until now. Does the CPO cover the light housings? Could be a seal. Other than that...if you didn’t notice any damage or repair at delivery then you don’t have a case. If you noticed anything at delivery and documented it you might have something. You could have found damage at delivery and refused the car.

you are playing a game of he said she said at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan