Awesome Santa! (And Wish List Folks) Holy sheeet!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
As some of you may have read, I screwed up part of my OTSS and caused some unnecessary hiccups to the process. So the timing of me getting my gifts were no fault of Santa and only me. I had a nice Wish List going that I created 2 years ago. This year I just added to the same list. I moved back in May and had no clue that changing my address on Amazon did NOT change my address on that wish list. So everything that was ordered went to my previous address. Oh well. @Mr Coffee was a great intermediary and me and him figured it out over Private Messages so it all worked out in the end. I owe him some goodies big time!

Anyways, lets get on with the show!!! After figuring out what was going on by looking at some tracking number info, I was told that I had quite a bunch of packages delivered already and some that were scheduled. I did not have any contact information for the old house owners so it looked like I would just have to drive over there and bang on the door!!!

I arrive and walk up to the door and what do I see? Packages!!! But I also spy a Ring Doorbell Camera. I knock on the door a few times then press the button on the Ring a few times and nothing. Well damn. I didn't want to look like a Porch Pirate so I pressed the button on the Ring, knowing that it records a video then said my name and a brief description of why I was there and left my phone number. Showed them the name on the packages took them and then left.
8J0NGhS.jpg

About half way home, the lady of the house calls me and says that yes, they have also received "quite a few" other packages but they were not home and wouldn't be until the Tuesday before Christmas. Oh well. Looks like I will have to wait. At this point I am just hoping that the new owner hasn't rifled through my packages and was going to keep what they thought they needed and just give me the rest!!! LOL

I got home with the two packages that I was able to grab and decided to open them at the dinner table that night. The kids always like to participate so I open the two and see what we got. They are excited like always. Tomas gets a kick out of opening any package!!!
LwCgfml.jpg

First out of the gate was for Tomas!!! He is a freak for Paw Patrol so this was perfect. The look on his face says it all.
5oERUbv.jpg

He wanted to take a look right away!!!
pgO1SkX.jpg

Then it was on to the second. A Fire TV! Which is perfect. I needed a new one for my outdoor TV with all the peeps coming over for socially distanced Christmas Dinner outside!!!
6NvdPfZ.jpg

I noticed Tomas was doing his "Cheese" face so I told them not to smile so much. I guess they took it too literally.
jTe4OC2.jpg

The gifts were very well received. Tomas would not stop playing with his Paw Patrol even at dinner. He was feeding each one.
p1fLwCH.jpg

Carolina was pretty bummed that she didn't get a gift and Tomas did. But I assured her that she would probably get something when we get the other gifts. She settled down after that.

Now we wait for the old house owners to get home from their trip!!! (That will be in the second post. LOL)

Reactions: jgon842 and 12xalt
TS
TS
pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
On the Tuesday before Christmas, I texted the lady and she told me that they may not be home until after Christmas!!! WTF mate? Anyways, I told her to just let me know when they made it home and I could head over to snatch the other gifts. Christmas Eve, we are getting everything ready for dinner and she sends a text that they are home. I ask the wife if I can go now or wait until after Christmas. She says just go ahead and go but make it fast!!!

I hop in the car and haul ass!
nD4ozFj.jpg

Sun is setting so I gots to make this quick!
fnFVdJ0.jpg

Get to the house, knock on the door and the dood hands me all the boxes. Holy shit this is a bunch of stuff. He then says, "Your lucky I didn't need one of these or I could have just acted like I never received it!" Thanks asshole.
The one box that is not in a box! Holy shit is that what I think it is!!!
dLda7B3.jpg

Get back to the house and lay everything out by the tree.
vlOD39l.jpg

We didn't open anything until Christmas Day after Santa came and we exchanged personal gifts. But the timing was perfect. Kids had had time to let the new wear off on Santa gifts and such.

The stack of presents. Bro! Do you even lift???
8i0gD38.jpg

The kidoos love to help.
snDyUxW.jpg

Carolina was first up. She cracked the box open and her face lit up!
Tf9IZWc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jgon842 and 12xalt
TS
TS
pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
What was it!??? Twisty Pets!!! (I still have no clue what these damn things are. LOL)
KyJoXDB.jpg

Looks like Tomas got another Paw Patrol car as well!!!
gysdqGl.jpg

Next up, Carolina got a Barbie Doll to add to her collection!!!
X0qfssf.jpg

Then a "full size" Twisty Pet? The note in this box was hilarious. No I do NOT have a weird Twisty Pet Fetish. LOL
LqepBRm.jpg

Then it was Daddy's turn!!! I can't say thank you enough! I had this little tiny piss ant corded blower that I got for my Postage Stamp sized yard and drive way at the old house. I have needed a new blower since we moved. I have been connecting three extension cords just to get to the end of the driveway and backyard at this new place! And I already have plenty of Dewalt batteries for other tools. This will be a life save and I can't think you enough. Super stoked.
pAHOGm3.jpg

I also got a 4 pack of Wireless Smart Light Switches! and a Wireless Phone Charger and a Trivia Game ( I am a big Trivia Buff) as well!!! Santa Nailed it and went WAY over the top. (picture is missing a few boxes cause I don't know where they went!!!)
C3vg6fH.jpg

Way too much stuff. Can't think you enough. I will have to Pay It Forward even more next year!!!

Whoever my Santa is thank you so much!!! Nailed it...

Last edited:
TS
TS
pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Oh yes. I am so sorry. I don't exactly know what was from Santa and what would be from Wish List people. None had a custom note except for the one with the Twisty Pet full size doll. And that one did not have a name either. If any are from Wish List folks then thank you, thank you, thank you as well. They were all well received.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgon842

Mr Coffee

Jun 25, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
So happy you got it all in the end, my man!
I might as well reveal that i was your Santa, and not just the intermediary. I figured i could use my announcement of helping others to help myself if i needed to contact elf myself :rofl:

The 4-pack switch wasn't mine, so thank you to the other person who sent that as well. Really happy for the kids, and as you had also mentioned in another post about the trivia stuff, i tried to put that in there as well, i fucking love trivia too :bigok:

Also, apologies i didn't personalise it, i really wanted to but between lockdowns, Covid, suspected shipping delays and worries, it wasn't really ideal.

Last edited:

TwiggSS

eh?
Jul 8, 2001
🐔
Nice to see one of the address screw up crew got their haul. :bigthumb:

I'd have to travel 1500+ miles to search for mine. :wtc:

TS
TS
pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
So happy you got it all in the end, my man!
I might as well reveal that i was your Santa, and not just the intermediary. I figured i could use my announcement of helping others to help myself if i needed to contact elf myself :rofl:

The 4-pack switch wasn't mine, so thank you to the other person who sent that as well. Really happy for the kids, and as you had also mentioned in another post about the trivia stuff, i tried to put that in there as well, i fucking love trivia too :bigok:

Also, apologies i didn't personalise it, i really wanted to but between lockdowns, Covid, suspected shipping delays and worries, it wasn't really ideal.
And you summa beech!!! I thought you were being the middle man. I owe you extra big time now!!! Awesome gifts and awesome Santa man. I cant thank you enough.

Last edited:
TS
TS
pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Nice!+ glad it worked out in the end!

Me too. I was worried the old man was gonna keep some stuff and might have went through the boxes. He is not my biggest fan. But In the end they did the right thing.

@Mr Coffee Still stoked about all that I got, already installed and have been using the FireTV on the back patio TV. Kids still playing with their toys. And I think have blown the driveway and back patio off 5 times since I opened the box. Even cleaned the neighbors driveways! Which my wife bitched at me for doing. LOL Thanks again.

• Haha
Reactions: Colleen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana