Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 5secstrtcar, May 4, 2005.
Meh. It looks quick, but I'm not very impressed with cars that can't race left and right.
Waste of time money and effort
Yeah, and I'm sure your Civic does the twisties better than any car built.
im a muscle guy, but im gonna have to agree with him. i dont understand spending $1000's on a car that you trailer to the race, then race for 10 seconds and then trailer it home where it sits in your garage lookin pretty....
id much perfer a car that does everything well and is a practical useable car.
i like my cars to have the abillty to, run the 1/4, then go drifting, then hit a road course, then go get some grocerys.
Different strokes for different folks. There's some good money in every form of racing once you get up there.
Not a 10 sec car.
I like to hear cars that sound like someone is shitting out of the exhaust, a massive wing, lights under it, fire extinguisher hanging from the bolted in poser cage, gets 32mpg, wouldnt fall out of a tree, 200lbs of amps and speakers etc...
Did I post this in the fucking ricer section or something?
Its a 05 Mustang that goes in the 8's. Yeah I fucking hate that shit.
have you ever done the quarter in 8 seconds?
Its a promotional race car you promote yourself better when you win races period
I am sure the owner/owners have many cars and cost is no concern
To the people who say they want their car to do everything, they must not have a daily driver. Either that, or they paid too much for their toy. I used to be like that, then i realized that it was too much money and parts breaking to try to get it to do everything, and drag racing is cheap, fun, and easy to do and quick to get real results from. So therefore, my formula is going to be a street strip brawler. it'll idle fine, and drive around town with some care, but its going to have fats and skinnies, a drag suspension, and a hell of a motor. It wont be unmanagable, but it wont be a daily driver, so i wont have to worry about it being super comfortable. plans are to make it driven 100miles to the track with the same tires on, run a low 11 on the motor, and drive 100 miles back home, all on pump gas and radials.
No, they think low 14s is the end all be all of drag racing expertise, and if you can do that then you can obviously run a 6 second pass in a 6 second car with ease.
Now thats hot .............
you should have put this sentence first. Would have saved us some time as no one would have finished reading your post
That thing is pretty sweet.
A good friend of mine road races his Boxter and has been trying to get me to come out to a race and run my Hawk. I told him I preferred drag racing and he said it was boring... that is until I gave him a little info on Top Fuel cars.
- Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars produce about 35-40 times that of the avg. street car
- One cylinder of a Top Fuel dragster or a Funny Car produces as much power as a NASCAR engine
- A Top Fuel Dragster does 0-100mph in less than a second which almost 11 seconds quicker than it takes a production Porsche 911 Turbo to do 0-100mph.
- Top Fuel Dragster drivers experience the same g-forces (5g) as the Space Shuttle at lift off
- When the parachutes comes out, NHRA Funny Car drviers experience -7g
- Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars consume 16-20 gallons of fuel per mile
- Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars travel the length of more than 4 football fields in less than five seconds
- Top Fuel dragsters exceed 280 mph in just 660'
- Top Fuel dragsters accelerate faster than a jumbo jet, a fighter jet, and a Formula One race car
- A fuel pump for an Top Fuel Dragster and Funny Car delivers 65 gallons of fuel per minute, equivalent to 8 bathroom showers running at the same time
I always love reading the statistics on Top Fuelers. Thanks
I'm more of an Indy/Rally guy, but I need to watch them more.
link doesnt work anymore??...I want to see the video cause im a fan of mustangs
I guess a lot of people have never drag raced. I always thought it would be stupid, but after finally racing at the track in Sabin, MN, I had a helluva time with my Mustang. I'm gonna Autox next year too.
The links are pictures, not a video... and they still work for me.
I bet your the guy who always says "no I can't race because my car is set up to drift/autox" at the drag strip and vice versa at the drifting/autox course. And drifting greddy: ) is nothing new, its nothing more than stylized powersliding and crazy backwoods rednecks have been doing that for years.