Jun 3, 2004
Dirty Canada
Picture%20037.jpg

Picture%20038.jpg

Picture%20039.jpg

Picture%20040.jpg

Picture%20041.jpg

Picture%20042.jpg

7 Just a retouched version of #5... yeah i was sorta going for an artistic look.
BW%20AT%20tree.jpg

Valence

Just a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude.
OT Supporter
Are you using a cell phone camera? Honestly, I see most photos are heavily weighted towards the red end of the color spectrum, nothing is clearly in focus, and there is a lot, I mean A LOT of noise in your photos. It almost seems like that 1.5 MP Olympus P&S I bought in 2002.

3 is composed nicely. It has potential, if not for the lack of focus and abundance of noise. Are you bumping up the ISO to compensate for lack of light? Personally I hate, hate HATE noise (just a personal preference) so I bring a tripod, or use other methods to ensure I can use as low an ISO as humanly possible.

Tree ones are not so great. Once again you have a problem with power lines. Learn to move your body to a better spot, to eliminate the power line. If you had walked up to the tree, or even cropped right between the pole and the tree and left the tree in the left third and open space (sun and sunset) in the right two thirds, would have been a great shot mate. (making sure NOT to include the power line)

Valence

OT Supporter
well, now that i know it's shot with a 4 mp sony p&s it's about normal I'd say. I was really wondering how he managed to take photos with a DSLR and end up with them THAT bad. These were taken a year ago...

Bro, I don't know what the point is to posting these. Honestly, they were taken with a crappy camera a year ago. In that year, if you've upgraded your gear and your skills, post some NEW stuff. Posting that old stuff is only being masochistic.

TS
TS
Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget

In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
Dirty Canada
well, now that i know it's shot with a 4 mp sony p&s it's about normal I'd say. I was really wondering how he managed to take photos with a DSLR and end up with them THAT bad. These were taken a year ago...

Bro, I don't know what the point is to posting these. Honestly, they were taken with a crappy camera a year ago. In that year, if you've upgraded your gear and your skills, post some NEW stuff. Posting that old stuff is only being masochistic.
:bowrofl:

Equipment's been upgraded, but not the skills. I over did it in PP, hence the red hues. The camera didn't quite catch what i was able to see, so i was trying to make it match the memory. as far as the masochistic comment... well.. maybe a little

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
:bowrofl:

Equipment's been upgraded, but not the skills. I over did it in PP, hence the red hues. The camera didn't quite catch what i was able to see, so i was trying to make it match the memory. as far as the masochistic comment... well.. maybe a little

you need better cameras, for sure. :o

Valence

OT Supporter
the basic problems I see with your work so far.
Noise. Try shooting with more light and lower your ISO.

Composition. Google it. You need to learn KISS (Keep it simple stupid) and the rule of thirds.

Focus. Focus. Focus. Pick a subject, focus on it. Figure out what you are trying to photograph.

Valence

OT Supporter
look what I did with this one

Cropped it, I used the side of the power pole as sort of a border , which you can do. I followed the 2/3rds rule for horizon (1/3 sky, 2/3rds ground, or vice versa) and I followed the rule of thirds for composition. Couldn't do anything about the power lines, but Ideally I'd have walked and approached the tree from a different angle from a distance much closer to the tree.

TS
TS
Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget

In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
Dirty Canada
look what I did with this one

Cropped it, I used the side of the power pole as sort of a border , which you can do. I followed the 2/3rds rule for horizon (1/3 sky, 2/3rds ground, or vice versa) and I followed the rule of thirds for composition. Couldn't do anything about the power lines, but Ideally I'd have walked and approached the tree from a different angle from a distance much closer to the tree.
:redxd:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan