ENT Batgirl cancelled by Warner Bros

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
I like comic book shit and this thread was the first time I've even heard of this movie

Crazy that people were invested enough to flip out about a movie nobody even knew was coming
literally the only thing I'd heard about it was that Michael Keaton was going to be Batman again in it. :o

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I like comic book shit and this thread was the first time I've even heard of this movie

Crazy that people were invested enough to flip out about a movie nobody even knew was coming
I knew about it, knew the Michael Keaton and Brendan Fraser were going to be in it, that was enough to get me sorta invested.

The only thing that has me pissed off is that they canceled this but they're keeping The Flash movie going when that's starring a legit pedophile who's currently on the run from the law.

They could at least cancel that shit too instead of this shit with the President of WB coming out saying "We cancel projects we don't believe in".

Mother fucker, you assholes let out Batman V. Superman, the Whedon Cut of Justice League, Suicide Squad (the bad one), and WW84. So I can't see this movie as being worse than those while The Flash being somehow better.

Reactions: Twinsen

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I knew about it, knew the Michael Keaton and Brendan Fraser were going to be in it, that was enough to get me sorta invested.

The only thing that has me pissed off is that they canceled this but they're keeping The Flash movie going when that's starring a legit pedophile who's currently on the run from the law.

They could at least cancel that shit too instead of this shit with the President of WB coming out saying "We cancel projects we don't believe in".

Mother fucker, you assholes let out Batman V. Superman, the Whedon Cut of Justice League, Suicide Squad (the bad one), and WW84. So I can't see this movie as being worse than those while The Flash being somehow better.
How have they handled DC this horribly lol

It really is mind blowing

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
ALLEGED SPOILERS OF DC UNIVERSE RUMOR ONLY

The plan was to kill "Cavil Superman character" offscreen at the end of black adam and supergirl to take supermans place

THEN The plan was for Batgirl to kill off "Keaton Batman character" and Batgirl to take his place

OOOOOOOOF

@SBrooks1

This makes a lot more sense why all these movies were shitcanned.

It would be hard to believe this to be true. No one in charge could be this dumb.

Reactions: stevezissou

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
Robert Pattinson Batman was pretty good.

Wonder Woman OG is good.

Everything else falls off a cliff REAL QUICK

No one wants to watch a superman who is depressed and doesn't want to be superman or batman fighting superman because batman has PTSD.

All depressing and drab.
Pattinson as Batman was decent, Pattinson as Bruce Wayne was terrible. He came off as an emo boypussy.

Reactions: stevezissou

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Pattinson as Batman was decent, Pattinson as Bruce Wayne was terrible. He came off as an emo boypussy.
giphy.gif

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
So the one positive about all of these cancellations is apparently Mindy Kaling's weird fucking Velma from Scooby-Doo "adult comedy" show is getting the ax.

It was such a weird fucking self-insert thing because she took Velma

1659810640568.png

and in her show she'd look like this:

1659810670269.png

That's literally just Mindy Kaling wearing a Velma cosplay. :rofl:

also it was supposed to be super edgy and "adult" in the style of the most recent Harley Quinn show for some weird reason, which is not exactly what you expect when you're watching a Scooby Doo property, much less one based on fucking Velma.

1659810772720.png

So yeah, this getting canceled I'm not going to cry about.

thanos-infinity-war.gif

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002

i heard a rumor that makes some sense to me

basically the batgirl movie was a "low budget" super hero film in that it wasn't going to cost 200 million but would also be extremely unlikely to latch on and make a billion

seems they dont want the middle ground films and will keep the big tentpoles like flash or batman or eventually a superman movie

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
i heard a rumor that makes some sense to me

basically the batgirl movie was a "low budget" super hero film in that it wasn't going to cost 200 million but would also be extremely unlikely to latch on and make a billion

seems they dont want the middle ground films and will keep the big tentpoles like flash or batman or eventually a superman movie
I think Superman is on the backburner for now. Heard rumors that Henry Cavill may actually play Dr Doom.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971