ENT Batgirl cancelled by Warner Bros

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
buzz light year bombed? it didn’t consistently try to shove that part in your face, it was a non issue honestly and barely took up any screen time
They never do...i havent seen buzzlight year but in Enternals, all the gay character said was that he didnt want to risk being killed because he loved his husband.

Thats it. That is literally whats triggering these folks that gets so mad to see anything but white straight men in a movie.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
It almost seems like conservatives ARE the cancel culture they constantly complain about 🤣

if having a trans person in a movie gets you riled up there’s probably something wrong with YOU not the movie

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
No. It's not. Read the article....

Batgirl's screenplay was by Christina Hodson, the British writer of ultra-feminist film Birds Of Prey, accused by one critic of 'hating on men — all men . . . [and] dull to the point of numbing'.

Batgirl also featured a transgender character, Alysia Yeoh, Barbara Gordon's flatmate, played by the trans actor Ivory Aquino.

The appearance, critics say, is of a film putting its 'progressive' values ahead of all other concerns.

And not for the first time. Superhero films — normally somewhere audiences might go to escape our era's endless culture wars — have increasingly become major repositories of wokery.

In 2021, Marvel's mega-budget movie Eternals — starring Angelina Jolie, Kit Harington and Richard Madden — was panned by fans and critics alike as dull and preachy. It included Marvel's first gay superhero and its first deaf one.

Lightyear, a spin-off from Pixar's celebrated Toy Story film series, was expected to be one of the biggest movies of this summer. Instead, it bombed.

Critics complained that it substituted liberal virtue-signalling — Buzz Lightyear's commanding officer is a black lesbian and the film features the first same-sex kiss in a Pixar production — for the simple, unpoliticised joys of the original movies.

Ah, so it's the representation that they hate. Got it.

Reactions: ZeroDeeFeX

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
This is your logic "It bombed because it had a black lesbian in the movie".

Do you seriously not see your flawed logic?

It bombed because no one cared about a Buzz Lightyear movie that was about the "real" Buzz Lightyear and not the toy played by Tim Allen, lol. It was just not a great concept.

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
CpDc2Zn.gif

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
No. It's not. Read the article....

Batgirl's screenplay was by Christina Hodson, the British writer of ultra-feminist film Birds Of Prey, accused by one critic of 'hating on men — all men . . . [and] dull to the point of numbing'.

Batgirl also featured a transgender character, Alysia Yeoh, Barbara Gordon's flatmate, played by the trans actor Ivory Aquino.

The appearance, critics say, is of a film putting its 'progressive' values ahead of all other concerns.

And not for the first time. Superhero films — normally somewhere audiences might go to escape our era's endless culture wars — have increasingly become major repositories of wokery.

In 2021, Marvel's mega-budget movie Eternals — starring Angelina Jolie, Kit Harington and Richard Madden — was panned by fans and critics alike as dull and preachy. It included Marvel's first gay superhero and its first deaf one.

Lightyear, a spin-off from Pixar's celebrated Toy Story film series, was expected to be one of the biggest movies of this summer. Instead, it bombed.

Critics complained that it substituted liberal virtue-signalling — Buzz Lightyear's commanding officer is a black lesbian and the film features the first same-sex kiss in a Pixar production — for the simple, unpoliticised joys of the original movies.
Are you ever NOT a massive cringe lord? jfc bro.

you’re narrative about movies bombing because they are “woke” is just some bullshit red hat, Joe Rogan Experience level, fanboy, otaku style horseshit. They were just bad movies. Period.

they bombed because it was lazy writing with dull plots, tepid acting and an over-reliance on poor CGI that made the movies flat and one dimensional. They failed on the fundementals of cinematography and film making, not because of a barely there liberal plot line.

fuckin nerd.

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon

you’re narrative about movies bombing because they are “woke” is just some bullshit red hat, Joe Rogan Experience level, fanboy, otaku style horseshit. They were just bad movies. Period.

they bombed because it was lazy writing with dull plots, tepid acting and an over-reliance on poor CGI that made the movies flat and one dimensional. They failed on the fundementals of cinematography and film making, not because of a barely there liberal plot line.

fuckin nerd.
Having anything but straight white actors = WOKE

TS
TS
SBrooks1

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia

fuckin nerd.
Dude, I posted that ONLY because @Ariez didn't read the article. I never said I agreed with it. Fucking moron.

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
Yes it is ranked 22 out of 23 movies released by Pixar going by domestic gross.

I would call that a bomb especially for an established IP with name recognition.

Most of the Pixar movies after the Disney acquisition, particularly those post-Lassiter, have been pretty damn bad. They only had two movies in the top ten after Lassiter and both of those had been in development while he was at Pixar.

hth.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Dude, I posted that ONLY because @Ariez didn't read the article. I never said I agreed with it. Fucking moron.
I mean it's the Daily Mail, why would anyone read it? You one of those people that thumbs through all the tabloids at the checkout?

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
I mean it's the Daily Mail, why would anyone read it? You one of those people that thumbs through all the tabloids at the checkout?
You really need to ask that about the guy making a life collecting selfies with celebrities? Dude probably has a lifetime sub to Us weekly or People magazine.

TS
TS
SBrooks1

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
uhhh…I quoted your post where you went on a rant citing how the wokeness of movies was causing them to bomb.

you weird ass fuck.
I didn't go on a rant. All that was copied and pasted from The Daily Mail article. Goddamn you're dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529