ENT Batgirl cancelled by Warner Bros

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Most of the Pixar movies after the Disney acquisition, particularly those post-Lassiter, have been pretty damn bad. They only had two movies in the top ten after Lassiter and both of those had been in development while he was at Pixar.

hth.
:love: Coco

WOke movie about a Mexican boy and his ancestral culture. Shit was digusting trying to shove that mexican shit down our throats.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Discovery is going to fuck up HBO and the WB going forward.

That being said Batgirl must have been a steaming pile of trash for it to be cancelled. Also it’s hard to ignore the fact that when you alienate a portion of your audience consistency there will be less people spending money on your products. And that goes for the left and the right.

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Discovery is going to fuck up HBO and the WB going forward.

That being said Batgirl must have been a steaming pile of trash for it to be cancelled. Also it’s hard to ignore the fact that when you alienate a portion of your audience consistency there will be less people spending money on your products. And that goes for the left and the right.
The fact that David Slayzov canned that stupid Batgirl film and the WonderTwins movie gives me reason to believe they are taking DCEU seriously.

If only Sony can learn a lesson and cancel every upcoming non MCU spiderman property too.

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
The biggest loss here is not seeing Michael Keaton reprise his epic role as Batman :hs:
Flash Movie...which they havent canceled yet, but things aren looking good for Ezra Miller.

Word on the street is that the flash movie is as good as Spiderman No way home :love:

• Wow
Reactions: 1337

Sad harmonica
Nov 26, 2001
Are you ever NOT a massive cringe lord? jfc bro.

you’re narrative about movies bombing because they are “woke” is just some bullshit red hat, Joe Rogan Experience level, fanboy, otaku style horseshit. They were just bad movies. Period.

they bombed because it was lazy writing with dull plots, tepid acting and an over-reliance on poor CGI that made the movies flat and one dimensional. They failed on the fundementals of cinematography and film making, not because of a barely there liberal plot line.

fuckin nerd.
I think a lot of the criticism of 'woke movies' is that they have that lazy writing and whatnot because the writers they hire focus too much on 'the message' and that's what hurts the quality. I mean, people don't seem to have all these problems with well written female and minority character led movies.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
The fact that David Slayzov canned that stupid Batgirl film and the WonderTwins movie gives me reason to believe they are taking DCEU seriously.

If only Sony can learn a lesson and cancel every upcoming non MCU spiderman property too.
True. I hope they do take it seriously because Marvel seems to become stagnant since Endgame.

I worry that they will neuter HBO mostly. They spend a lot of money on high quality content.

• Sad
Reactions: Twinsen

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
I think a lot of the criticism of 'woke movies' is that they have that lazy writing and whatnot because the writers they hire focus too much on 'the message' and that's what hurts the quality. I mean, people don't seem to have all these problems with well written female and minority character led movies.
This is absolute bullshit. People bitched about Eternals being woke, but there is literally nothing WOKE about that film other than having non white actors in the lead and having a gay black man that was only briefly mentioned.

The entire shit about it being woke is people just do not wan to see ANY gay characters in movies unless its a movie about overcoming AIDS in the 80s. All i can say is fuck those people.

• Clown
Reactions: stevezissou

Sad harmonica
Nov 26, 2001
This is absolute bullshit. People bitched about Eternals being woke, but there is literally nothing WOKE about that film other than having non white actors in the lead and having a gay black man that was only briefly mentioned.

The entire shit about it being woke is people just do not wan to see ANY gay characters in movies unless its a movie about overcoming AIDS in the 80s. All i can say is fuck those people.
I wanted to like Eternals but it would have been better as a Disney+ series :hs:

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Kids have no fucking clue who Tim Allen is. I don't know why people keep using this as a reason

Let me clarify: that's the reason I wasn't interested. :o

Although I also didn't bother seeing Toy Story 4, because they should have ended the whole series after 3, which had the perfect ending. :scootin:

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Movie was boring AF.

But confirmed today Eternals 2 coming. Hopefully they learned their lesson and make it more interesting.

Eternals wasn't the most compelling movie, but it delved into a lot of lore and stuff that was very cool to see if you're a Marvel comics nerd. :o

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Eternals wasn't the most compelling movie, but it delved into a lot of lore and stuff that was very cool to see if you're a Marvel comics nerd. :o
I didnt hate it, but it wasnt a good movie.

No one was more excited for it than me with an ASAN Oscar winner in directors chair and a diverse cast that I loved. Even more hyped for it after the trialer and Kevin Feige saying it could be a best picture contender (LOL).

Walked out wanting to go to bed cause I was bored throughout.

I will say its Marvel best cinematography to date. Shit may be boring but oh so beautiful.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I didnt hate it, but it wasnt a good movie.

No one was more excited for it than me with an ASAN Oscar winner in directors chair and a diverse cast that I loved. Even more hyped for it after the trialer and Kevin Feige saying it could be a best picture contender (LOL).

Walked out wanting to go to bed cause I was bored throughout.

I will say its Marvel best cinematography to date. Shit may be boring but oh so beautiful.

I think the big issue is that we just weren't invested in those characters at all. I can only remember a couple of their names, and we really didn't have time to get to know most of them. We all knew the world wasn't going to get destroyed, so the only other stakes are what happens to the characters themselves. If you don't care about that, then you don't really care about anything that's going on. :hs:

The celestials though. :bowdown:

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
This is ariez melt, he spent all his money on leaps, didn't have any left for meltdown protection.
we dont need to bring in another tragedy :wtc:

But yeah call it my melt, call it whatever you want. Just sick and tired of people like yourself blaming gay characters, female leads, minority characters, and anyone that basically dont look like you for ruining movies when the movie itself is whats wrong. You can clown emoji this post all you want, its still true.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529