Bathroom remodel

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
Wife and I are planning a new bathroom remodel. There are a few threads, but looking for some ideas.

1. New walk in shower tile, slate oversized walk-in with a small bench. Half brick and glass wall :naughty:

2. Ceiling rain shower and wand shower. We are looking for suggestions on this. ( no tankless H20 heater)

3. New exhaust fan setup high CFM low noise and auto humidity.

Thanks!

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
I've done rain shower heads on several remodels and I rarely use them at all. Same with body jets.. Never use them.

Reactions: Go Pro

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Delta makes some pretty nice shower heads that are for reduced water pressure that give a really nice rain like pattern and coverage. They also have a wand built in. You can give that a shot.

Without knowing what your style is it's kind of difficult to help suggest design, but find yourself a floor and tile store and wander around in it with the woman and pick out the tiles you like, then narrow that down by stuff that would do well/better in resale. :dunno:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

good place for tile.

do not buy fixtures from home depot or lowes. go to a plumbing supply store.

also you want nitches in the wall for sure. and a foot hold for lady leg shaving. or you if thats a thing.

saxman

Burninating the peasants
Dec 2, 2001
Melbourne, Fl

good place for tile.

do not buy fixtures from home depot or lowes. go to a plumbing supply store.

also you want nitches in the wall for sure. and a foot hold for lady leg shaving. or you if thats a thing.
The schluter stuff is great. Pricey, sure, but makes all the waterproofing super easy.

Reactions: jgon842

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
The schluter stuff is great. Pricey, sure, but makes all the waterproofing super easy.

indeed. floor n decor has it in stock in their retail locations so you can get hands on with it ahead of time to see if its for you.

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Rain head showers blow. At least in my experience.

quiet fart fans are nice, I have a Panasonic one I think. Some people like the noisy ones to cover up sounds

JawKnee

JawKnee Motorsports
Oct 31, 2001
Apexing in Seattle
We did ours last year. Definitely recommend heated floors as someone else already suggested. I added a steam shower, also highly recommended. I put the steam generator under the bench; you can see the access panel on the outside. I use the steam shower several times a week.

My side is the bench side and I have diverter valve where I can run the rain shower head and/or the wand. Not seen in the picture is my wife’s side, but she has a traditional shower head. I can run everything without issue in terms of pressure.

I also considered body sprays/jets as well as 1/2” thick glass instead of the 1/4” and opted not to to keep costs down and don’t regret foregoing those options.

Attachments

• C753972D-E67E-4CAE-9028-DA969E413B14.jpeg
    C753972D-E67E-4CAE-9028-DA969E413B14.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 26

saxman

Burninating the peasants
Dec 2, 2001
Melbourne, Fl
IMG_20200222_174721.jpg

I didn't do anything as complicated, but one thing that saved a lot of money was I pre-purchased the glad enclosure in a stock size and then built the shower to fit it rather than have custom glass made to fit the shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6