GAME Battlefield 6 vPC/PS5/Xbox

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
assist counting as kills is another handholding bs they added all the way in bf4.

You didnt kill anyone? You dont get a "kill"... crazy concept I know. You already get the damage points that you did, why do you deserve to get a kill counted if you didn't actually kill a person?

You could literally shoot a guy to 25 health, he turns around and kills YOU, then while you are dead a teammate finishes him....You some how deserved a "kill" when you not only didn't kill anyone, but the other guy killed YOU....wtf.
Your point is 100% valid.

I think the intent was to encourage "squads" to play together as a unit.

Squad spawn
Squad can spawn on recons "spawn point beacon"
Squad assists count as kills points
Squad "savior" points
Squad "revive" points
etc etc etc

We see what happens in 2042 when you don't have good "Squad play" so they were trying to encourage you to stick with your squad and act as a unit.

TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
:rofl:

FJdQEqTXsAkm6wh

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
Eh, I think people should get some credit for assist. If Jim does 99% damage but Retard Bob somehow gets the killing blow why should he get all the credit? It promotes teamwork, much the same as giving points for rewards.
You get the 99 points for the 99 damage you did. Exactly what you deserve.

TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
Eh, I think people should get some credit for assist. If Jim does 99% damage but Retard Bob somehow gets the killing blow why should he get all the credit? It promotes teamwork, much the same as giving points for rewards.
how about you quit being a scrub and get the kill instead.

git gud

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

You get the 99 points for the 99 damage you did. Exactly what you deserve.
There are some weird mechanics/points in BF4.

If you are killed but then "revived" doesn't that still count as a kill for the other guy but your team doesn't lose a "ticket"?

Reactions: cbpage

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
There are some weird mechanics/points in BF4.

If you are killed but then "revived" doesn't that still count as a kill for the other guy but your team doesn't lose a "ticket"?
Tickets for deaths are only counted when you are unable to be revived. People always typed "dont spawn" at the end of close rounds but thats not how it works(in bf4). Its was actually better to spawn so you could help(as long as you didn't instantly die).

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
:rofl: What the fuck is wrong with these tards. "Mah feelings."

This is part of the “let’s go whaling” monetization of games video I posted.

A major point the guy brought up is “don’t make your game too skill based or technical” people won’t spend money if they “suck” at your game. Which is why they don’t want people to see their death count.

I want to know my k/d. I want to see how well or poorly I did in that aspect. I want to include that info with my overall performance in the match (overall scoreboard ranking) so I can try to improve. I want to feel a sense of pride or accomplishment when I'm ranked high on the scoreboard and have a good k/d.

At most importantly, when I go 70-0 or 85-1 or whatever else, I want the entire lobby to know I just fucking wrecked them. :nod:

Yeah I noticed CoD doing that as well. Just kills. Hell, half the time now they count assists as kills too.

Didn't Dice say something about a scoreboard was in the works when concerns were raised prior to launch? So, either that was a flat out lie or they have Bob from accounting doing the programming because it shouldn't take 3 fuckin' months to program a scoreboard.
Here is the clip where he says it

"make sure that your games aren't too skill based.....too skill based game you don't get people to pay you because there's no reason to....."

• Angry
Reactions: Faikius and cbpage
TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
this scoreboard is a mess:rofl:

in the future EA/FIFA/Madden will also copy this pussy ass mentality, we can only show you how many goals you score and not your opponents.

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club

I'm too lazy to do some math to figure it out, but I'd guess this creates smaller point gaps between good and bad players.

Also, this is stupid. Copy the points system/scoreboard from any of BF4/BF1/BF5 and call it a fucking day. JFC.

EDIT: Obviously the point gaps will be less. It just looks not as bad being 10 points behind the leader vs 5000 points, for example.

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Maybe covered already but to me I think they're trying to baby proof and sand down the edges a bit to try and get the numbers up for younger players and try and prevent the rage quiting, which I'm totally guilty of. For me last versions are pretty intense when it comes to competition, massive swings from highs to lows, and that scoreboard shows their motives.

TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
Maybe covered already but to me I think they're trying to baby proof and sand down the edges a bit to try and get the numbers up for younger players and try and prevent the rage quiting, which I'm totally guilty of. For me last versions are pretty intense when it comes to competition, massive swings from highs to lows, and that scoreboard shows their motives.
Why are you rage quiting? You can be on top of the scoreboard with just a few kills.

• Haha
Reactions: matrix243

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
64mviw17e9c81.png

This is sad
This is exactly the opposite of what EA wanted. Portal was made solely to take those 30k people away from old BFs and extract money from them within 2042.

Such a HUGE backfire, they pushed more players into unsupported games - which costs them money, fractures the player base, and further mixes the message of “what is battlefield?” to each group for future installments.

There is no way there isn’t absolute panic and chaos over there EA is going to roll heads.

At visceral we were in the HQ building on the exec floor, the amount of stares we got while talking shit to each other making Hardline was palpable. The execs no doubt thought we were a joke and we sold 11mil+ on a way less wasteful Dev cycle (for MP at least).

Then we got shutdown 2 years later.

At least DICE has the engine team?

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
This is exactly the opposite of what EA wanted. Portal was made solely to take those 30k people away from old BFs and extract money from them within 2042.

Such a HUGE backfire, they pushed more players into unsupported games - which costs them money, fractures the player base, and further mixes the message of “what is battlefield?” to each group for future installments.

There is no way there isn’t absolute panic and chaos over there EA is going to roll heads.

At visceral we were in the HQ building on the exec floor, the amount of stares we got while talking shit to each other making Hardline was palpable. The execs no doubt thought we were a joke and we sold 11mil+ on a way less wasteful Dev cycle (for MP at least).

Then we got shutdown 2 years later.

At least DICE has the engine team?
Portal = sad
Extraction = LOL already abandoned
Main Game = Scoreboard incoming!

Why do you think he game launched without a scoreboard, without VOIP, and without all chat/server browser?
Things that have been available at launch for almost every battlefield title in existence.

Isn't it embarrassing for devs for be 4 Months post launch talking about adding a scoreboard and VOIP like it is a big upgrade?

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
Portal = sad
Extraction = LOL already abandoned
Main Game = Scoreboard incoming!

Why do you think he game launched without a scoreboard, without VOIP, and without all chat/server browser?
Things that have been available at launch for almost every battlefield title in existence.

Isn't it embarrassing for devs for be 4 Months post launch talking about adding a scoreboard and VOIP like it is a big upgrade?

embarrassing all the way to the bank?

Reactions: stevezissou

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor