GAME Battlefield 6 vPC/PS5/Xbox

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Your point is 100% valid.

I think the intent was to encourage "squads" to play together as a unit.

Squad spawn
Squad can spawn on recons "spawn point beacon"
Squad assists count as kills points
Squad "savior" points
Squad "revive" points
etc etc etc

We see what happens in 2042 when you don't have good "Squad play" so they were trying to encourage you to stick with your squad and act as a unit.

Yet they left out the ability to have any agency in squad makeup. It was clearly meant to be a join solo or as a squad and only ever be in that squad setup (br style). Big whiff there.

Reactions: stevezissou

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Portal = sad
Extraction = LOL already abandoned
Main Game = Scoreboard incoming!

Why do you think he game launched without a scoreboard, without VOIP, and without all chat/server browser?
Things that have been available at launch for almost every battlefield title in existence.

Isn't it embarrassing for devs for be 4 Months post launch talking about adding a scoreboard and VOIP like it is a big upgrade?

Poor direction. All decisions coming from the suits and no vision.

Means no buy-in from the team and more people doing OT on bullshit that they know sucks.

Then the terrible direction changes to something just as bad further eroding hope.

The devs are tired, burnt out, and embarrassed- the directors and suits are making excuses while counting cash / stocks and looking for higher positions elsewhere.

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club

Means no buy-in from the team and more people doing OT on bullshit that they know sucks.

Then the terrible direction changes to something just as bad further eroding hope.

The devs are tired, burnt out, and embarrassed- the directors and suits are making excuses while counting cash / stocks and looking for higher positions elsewhere.

Thanks for your comments in here. I really appreciate your unique insight.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

100% agree with @cbpage thank you for your insights @s34s0ns

Reactions: cbpage and s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca

For sure - it’s nothing revolutionary, just a perspective from some experience.

I feel bad for the devs on the floor that spent 2+ years into this outcome. I lost a year and a half to a cancelled game, but at least I can still believe that it would have been dope.

On the positive-ish side, most of the devs there are jr or new to the studio, so they’ll get this experience out of the way and have a production hell story in their pockets. All while having a ton of MP experience at least attempting a ton of relevant styles (classic bf, BR, pseudo BR, Portal shizz, and lastly weird fucked up hero shooter abomination (<-unfortunately this one stuck)).

Last edited:

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club
I'll just leave this reminder from 2019 right here-

"Andrew Wilson once again committed to live-service and even introduced a new buzzword,”soft launches.”

“Soft launches” basically means the company will release live-service, unfinished games with the promise of post-release free content updates."

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Seriously. Like a weapon and want to level it up all the way? Play a couple of rounds of zombies and you're set. Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec