GAME Battlefield 6 vPC/PS5/Xbox

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Honestly this is all eerily similar to a game I worked on that didn’t have a great outlook just after release.

We were mandated to turn it into a BR in 2 months and the investors brought in two mobile thugs.

The dudes were so impressed by our ‘graphics’ that they thought we were going to print money with micro transactions. They were picking out outfits and directed our character artist to make animal onesies (100% serious). At least 1 person a week quit in that 2 months and we were a 20 person studio. Our founder and CEO / Head Designer went MIA and was a full no show.

BR released, money wasn’t made, everyone left.. the 2 mobile bros jumped to some mobile slots company and wiped our studio off their resumes.

One of them walked by, looked at my grey block test gym, and said “with a game this great we’re going to make so much money aren’t we. Keep it up.” He had never been involved with a 3D game. Dude was a straight up Russian shark startup studio hit man.

He was so tone deaf - our beloved LGBTQ head of studio left the day he started and in her resignation announcement meeting he said “don’t worry we’ll get a young hot shot in here and he’ll shape shit up”.

The entire thing was surreal.

B2042 stinks of mobile out of touch / overconfident tech outsiders rolling in thinking they have a shoe-in money making machine to milk.

I guarantee you they were high fiving and personally coming up with the end of round lines. Laughing at suckers that would line their pockets buying more.

Last edited:
TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
More like this imo
Dcu3tuW.jpg

Mr3plus1

Too many projects
Dec 24, 2001
Tomball, TX
The game is awful for all the reasons everyone has already said. So bad, in fact, that the vast majority of my friends who started playing it when it launched no longer play it. That being said, an old college buddy of mine and I are having an absolute blast with it, sticking almost solely to the bolte or the latv4, both equipped with the 30mm. We've figured out how to master both and absolutely wreck shop when we're in one. And because they're rarely spawned by others, we can go entire matches playing 100% in vehicles.

I guess that just shows how shitty the game is. Where the only fun combat is in a vehicle doing drive-bys.

Reactions: stevezissou

oftenly

ae iirc
Sep 26, 2009
really blows they couldn't get it right, or at least don't have it right yet. in my mind BF has always been a tier above COD and Halo and whatever else in terms of multiplayer FPS. 2142 was a layup!

it's like if a guitar company woke up one day and straight-up couldn't make guitars anymore. it's literally what you do, how do you let yourself fuck it up so badly?

although, my realist take is: games are simply much harder to make these days, the customer base is way more discerning / demanding, and developers are constantly underestimating those things. sorta like CP2077, really good ideas that needed two more years of development and radio silence to actually get right.

TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
really blows they couldn't get it right, or at least don't have it right yet. in my mind BF has always been a tier above COD and Halo and whatever else in terms of multiplayer FPS. 2142 was a layup!

it's like if a guitar company woke up one day and straight-up couldn't make guitars anymore. it's literally what you do, how do you let yourself fuck it up so badly?

although, my realist take is: games are simply much harder to make these days, the customer base is way more discerning / demanding, and developers are constantly underestimating those things. sorta like CP2077, really good ideas that needed two more years of development and radio silence to actually get right.
All we wanted was an updated bf3/bf4

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
"we dont know how this one slipped by"

Motherfucker, one single game would have showed you it was dumb. LITTEARLLY one.single.game.

The "zombies" just press w in any direction you are in. They dont jump, vault., climb latters..etc.. All you had to do was vault onto anything, and you were safe to shoot as long was you wanted. Also, if you did die, there is like a 8 minute timer until you can respawn again....but there was no where on the screen that told you this. You just sat at the deploy screen hitting the spawn button and wondering why it wouldn't let you spawn back in...

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club

They knew exactly what the players wanted. If you think otherwise, go back and look at the marketing prior to release. If you think otherwise, go back to the feedback given to EA/Dice from the alpha and beta. The fact that they knew this and still served up this shit while purposely deceiving their player base is egregious.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson
TS
TS
Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
They knew exactly what the players wanted. If you think otherwise, go back and look at the marketing prior to release. If you think otherwise, go back to the feedback given to EA/Dice from the alpha and beta. The fact that they knew this and still served up this shit while purposely deceiving their player base is egregious.
And @stevezissou still paid full price 😅

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Yeah this is definitely a “wait for it on Gamepass” title. BF1 was the last Battlefield I would actually call a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec