FIT Been dealing w lower back pain for 3 months....feels better tonight after wrestling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
For the last 10 weeks my lower back has been aching like crazy every day. I squirm in my seat every day at work and in the car. I've continued to lift modifying my workouts a little. Pain hasn't gotten any worse but hasn't gotten any better either...

So tonight the team I coached started summer open mats. Once a week for an hour and a half we roll around in a light wrestling practice.

I've been dreading tonight because of my back. I had no idea how it would go.

I took a long time to really stretch everything out...warmed up and started to roll around.

Got a good sweat going and for the first time in months my back stopped hurting. Kept wrestling....even went with some heavier kids. As time went on I moved more and more.....still felt good.

Found myself sitting against the wall at the end of practice soaked. Drinking water and realized...holy shit my back doesn't hurt.....

I assumed I'd lose my sweat and get in my car and shit would tighten up bad....didn't. I'm now three hours out and still feel good.

This make sense to anyone? :dunno:

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
my shoulder was fucked up for months, stopped benching, started boxing and doing yoga, now it feels great

it's still correlation, not causation

TS
TS
DeezNortz

DeezNortz

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
do you usually stretch your back like you did before you wrestled?

Lately i've tried to. i can't do all the same stretches i do on a mat in the gym...but i do most of them.

it's strange. since last thursday my back has steadily improved almost every day. i'm not out of the woods yet...it still hurts....but nothing like it did a month ago.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Clearly the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior has saved you.

Either that or the extensive stretching and warming up helped loosen whatever was too tight. What kind of lower back pain were you experiencing?

TS
TS
DeezNortz

DeezNortz

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
Clearly the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior has saved you.

Either that or the extensive stretching and warming up helped loosen whatever was too tight. What kind of lower back pain were you experiencing?

It was strange. Just started aching one day. Didn't stop. Felt primarily muscular but was painful in the middle at times. I had a stress fracture in HS in the same area so of course my mind went apeshit.

Hurt the most at work in my chair at my desk. Also while driving. Pretty much while sitting. Had an MRI and it showed nothing out of the ordinary for someone my age who used to be an athlete. Little arthritis and narrowing of the canal.

Since wrestling last week the improvement is leaps and bounds compared to the last few months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448