Being a parent seems terrible but not as terrible as being lumped in with most people who say they don’t want kids

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Terrible isn't the word that springs to mind when I think of becoming a dad.
I describe the situation as the remaining dry husk of your childhood burning off to reveal an unprepared adult.

Your old life completely goes away. You're lucky if you don't lose your friends - specially the ones who aren't married or don't have kids.
You just have no time for them.

But I liked it.

TS
TS
melroy

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
Terrible isn't the word that springs to mind when I think of becoming a dad.
I describe the situation as the remaining dry husk of your childhood burning off to reveal an unprepared adult.

Your old life completely goes away. You're lucky if you don't lose your friends - specially the ones who aren't married or don't have kids.
You just have no time for them.

But I liked it.
I mean obviously life goes on and you’re gonna be happy and love your kid and feel those highs if it happens

I’m just talking about looking at it on paper

TS
TS
melroy

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
Pretty much everyone I know without kids is a sensible, upstanding person with bigger plans and more focused priorities.

Parenthood is a biological distraction that feels really good but ultimately serves very little actual purpose.
All the people I know here without kids are dope as fuck and have awesome lives

I visit some of my friends in other parts of the country and the kidless people are just creepy weirdos

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Wife and I were married 13 years before we had our first. We traveled the world and were in a good place when we decided it was time. Now my youngest just left for college. It's been the greatest part of my life. Plus I got damned lucky and have 2 really, really good kids.

Good parenting = good kids............well MOST of the time. :o

Reactions: Stylerod

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
It’s aight
18496b1c16914c83ef2a361261686543.jpg

Reactions: halflife78

eK

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
Fazle,

I would appreciate being unbanned since I was banned for no legitimate reason, Chuck finley is abusing his mod power and as a lifetime sub member/prior paid sticky purchaser I don't appreciate it. Please let me know what you decide. Details are below, since apparently "drunk finley" is taking ban requests in a random thread he created.

Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: WS6Formula350
TS
TS
melroy

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
Being a parent isn’t bad. I love it. I was never one of those people who proudly declared they never wanted kids, though. I just figured if it happened it happened. And it happened.

I don’t care if other people don’t want kids. It’s not for everyone.
I never bring it up outside of the internets and if I found the right person my opinion could change realistically 🤔

just would stop me from doing what I want in terms of going back to school but if I lose that drive :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor