SPORTS Ben Saunders appreciation thread

Sammo

Jan 5, 2005
Southern Canada
ben_1.jpg

I'm not saying that he will be holding the belt anytime soon, but I think he could rise to the role of someone like Fitch who is pretty close to holding the title

2rnwuvk.jpg

Last edited:

chechen

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
OT Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Irvine, CA
his grappling is pretty meh. his striking is above average. i dont see anything that really makes him stand out.

xrukus07x

Jul 25, 2006
Orlando, FL
the guy is(or used to be) a bartender in orlando. a friend of mine bartends and i think trained with him for a little. pretty cool guy from what i heard. welp......that was my interesting fact for the day.

VulgarTheClown

A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a
Nov 18, 2005
Tamarac, FL
Ben is a damn good guy for one.

He has quite good yet awkward striking and some pretty good jitz. Last I trained with him his wrestling wasn't half bad either and I'm sure he's gotten alot better since then.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
sounds cliche, but he seems like he has a ton of heart. One of the few TUFers I have been disappointed to not see in regular rotation.

teep

Mar 7, 2006
what season of TUF was he on? and what weight? he seemed so much fucking bigger than wolf

TS
TS
Sammo

Sammo

Jan 5, 2005
Southern Canada
Saunders was sick as fuck, most fighters wouldn't have fought in the first place, Saunders almost had him in an armbar (and a triangle too?) and Speers still couldn't finish him despite his illness

Last edited:

THE LIOG

EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE
May 8, 2007
Long Island
Saunders was sick as fuck, most fighters wouldn't have fought in the first place, Saunders almost had him in an armbar (and a triangle too?) and Speers still couldn't finish him despite his illness
yeah, had a triangle that speers retard strength'd out of

Toodles

Don't ever give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping!
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2002
Swampsville
always liked this guy's attitude, win or lose :cool:

and me thinks he should move up to middleweight for his build

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
besides kneeing the shit out of that guy at FFTT (who was overmatched), what has he done to make you think he'd even get within a fart's sniff of a title?

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
he's 7-0...they've given title shots for less *cough*lesnar*cough*

and he's fairly early into his pro career...sammo didn't say he should get a title shot soon, just that saunders may one day be the champ

ilduce

Nov 22, 2006
West Palm Beach
he's 7-0...they've given title shots for less *cough*lesnar*cough*

and he's fairly early into his pro career...sammo didn't say he should get a title shot soon, just that saunders may one day be the champ

170 is stacked while HW is not. Lesnar is also a huge draw and can bring in dollars whereas Sanders cant. The lack of contenders at HW and the attention Lesnar brings are the reasons why he received a title shot, not to mention his ridiculous athleticism.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan