Best gift or SWAG you got from your employer? Need to buy something for my team members up to $100

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I run a Consulting department for a software company and with the money saved from no one traveling, we agreed to allocate a budget of $100 a person to give them a gift. I have 10 people on my team. Normally my Consultants are flying out to financial firms for implementations, but unlikely they will fly until 2022. Most of my team is remote home-office. Feel like they would be the type to post on OT, so I think you guys would have some great gift ideas.

What was the coolest gift you received from your boss? I would prefer to give the same gift to each person. Can't do gift cards...

Some ideas I have in mind:
* Corporate branded YETI anything
* Corporate branded Name-brand messenger bag/backpack/gym bag
* Samsung Galaxy ear buds
* Some sort of cool tech

I prefer not to give a gift basket or food because I would personally hate that, but I would be open to sending some fancy steaks, not sure if I can buy alcohol....

WHAT DO OT?!

Reactions: Cicada
May 8, 2001
Colorado
Embroidered Columbia jacket that I wear all the time.
Embroidered North Face down vest
Embroidered Osprey backpack that I use all of the fucking time

Those are the three items that I use the most that have stitching or logos on them.

Reactions: Epik High

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
I run a Consulting department for a software company and with the money saved from no one traveling, we agreed to allocate a budget of $100 a person to give them a gift. I have 10 people on my team. Normally my Consultants are flying out to financial firms for implementations, but unlikely they will fly until 2022. Most of my team is remote home-office. Feel like they would be the type to post on OT, so I think you guys would have some great gift ideas.

What was the coolest gift you received from your boss? I would prefer to give the same gift to each person. Can't do gift cards...

Some ideas I have in mind:
* Corporate branded YETI anything
* Corporate branded Name-brand messenger bag/backpack/gym bag
* Samsung Galaxy ear buds
* Some sort of cool tech

I prefer not to give a gift basket or food because I would personally hate that, but I would be open to sending some fancy steaks, not sure if I can buy alcohol....

WHAT DO OT?!
That amount is going to make any gift feel cheesy/cheap

Reactions: infinite97

memyselfandi

OT Supporter
Dec 18, 2008
America's Hat
I got a high-quality backpack with a small company years ago like 8 years ago, and still used it daily until covid hit and I started working from home.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
lmfao man i just amazon searched dildo because i figured they were expensive

not only are they like $25 now that is going to be suggested in my search history.

i hate you.

• Haha
Reactions: Epik High

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
btw "no gift cards" is absolutely the lamest fucking corporate shit ever.

your employees would appreciate a $100 starbucks gift card they could use for a few months more than they would appreciate some gay ass $100 lava lamp or some other stupid shit.

my company just gives out gift cards for teams that exceed. we're always getting starbucks or amazon GC because they're the most universal thing.

Reactions: bearsdidit
TS
TS
Epik High

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I might go YETI mug + corporate branded backpack cooler:

51028_detail.jpg

or corporate branded Camelbak:
camelbak-hydrobak-le162750-black-graphite.jpg

Both are things I want and would use on the regular, although maybe a lil random for a Software company to give out outdoor gear.

TS
TS
Epik High

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
btw "no gift cards" is absolutely the lamest fucking corporate shit ever.

your employees would appreciate a $100 starbucks gift card they could use for a few months more than they would appreciate some gay ass $100 lava lamp or some other stupid shit.

my company just gives out gift cards for teams that exceed. we're always getting starbucks or amazon GC because they're the most universal thing.

I agree, I also asked if employees can just buy something and expense $100 of it but got shut down.

I also thought it was a brilliant fucking idea to buy $1000 worth of lottery tickets to everyone and we divvy up the prize winnings but my boss said no :ugh:

Reactions: Nom

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
I agree, I also asked if employees can just buy something and expense $100 of it but got shut down.

I also thought it was a brilliant fucking idea to buy $1000 worth of lottery tickets to everyone and we divvy up the prize winnings but my boss said no :ugh:
well you tried so i guess...

we had a similar situation where we were given $500 on his corp card to go spend on a team outing. most teams go to a pin stack, main event, etc...

we went to a pin stack and then my manager went up to the fuckin bar manager and said you give me gift cards for this $500.

then we spent $500 on booze and not gay ass bowling and lazer tag.

good luck

Reactions: stickman and Nom

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Just buy them each decent set of wine glasses/yeti and be done with it. Its a corporate gift, they generally suck. Unless you can get them casual Fridays. @couchlock
Fuck. Yes. I should have thought of this earlier.

Buy them all a $100 bottle of whiskey or scotch or something interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman