Biden unveils new stimulus- $1400 checks for all

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011

Here’s what Biden calls for:

Direct payments of $1,400 to most Americans, bringing the total relief to $2,000, including December’s $600 payments

Increasing the federal, per-week unemployment benefit to $400 and extending it through the end of September

Increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour

Extending the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until the end of September

$350 billion in state and local government aid

$170 billion for K-12 schools and institutions of higher education

$50 billion toward Covid-19 testing

$20 billion toward a national vaccine program in partnership with states, localities and tribes

Making the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for the year and increasing the credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for a child under age 6)

Xin

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2003
Milwaukee, WI
My only issue with it is it all being jammed into 1. The $15/hr minimum wage thing might be kind of a hump, as if only 1 dem says no, it's a failed bill.

The COVID/vaccine/school/state relief shouldn't have to be tied around that really polarizing issue imo.

Xin

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2003
Milwaukee, WI
We can literally print money with like, zero issue :rofl:

Yeah it's such an old and tired line 'BUT HOW CAN WE AFFORD IT'. Like, bro, we've been going ham on the printer for fucking decades without much inflation, quantitative easing is a thing, the global system is based around our dollar, the national debt might as well be a made up number at this point and this is all a bogeyman to argue against yourself.

TS
TS
JacksonWhite

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
My only issue with it is it all being jammed into 1. The $15/hr minimum wage thing might be kind of a hump, as if only 1 dem says no, it's a failed bill.

The COVID/vaccine/school/state relief shouldn't have to be tied around that really polarizing issue imo.

When people first started pushing for $15 an hour minimum wage back in 2012, I said it was too much. However, it’s now 8 years later and minimum wage hasn’t increased. I don’t think it would be crazy to increase the minimum wage to $15 by 2025 or so. Because $15 in 2025 will be like $11 in 2012 money...

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
Making the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for the year and increasing the credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for a child under age 6)

Hello

Xin

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2003
Milwaukee, WI
When people first started pushing for $15 an hour minimum wage back in 2012, I said it was too much. However, it’s now 8 years later and minimum wage hasn’t increased. I don’t think it would be crazy to increase the minimum wage to $15 by 2025 or so. Because $15 in 2025 will be like $11 in 2012 money...

I agree fully, it needs to happen, but it's an easily attackable part of it and, again, only 1 nay from a dem in the senate and it's failed. It's just an easy target to rile up all the retarded constituents that demand to dunk on themselves from fear of shit they don't understand, and why given the rest of it is such an immediate need I'd have liked to see that worked on a separate time, but maybe they'll surprise me and get this through.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman