Bidet / Washlet crew

Dazed1

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2005
Bay area
Looking to add on a bidet / washlet. The upstairs bathroom has a GFCI close by, but the downstairs does not.

For the upstairs bathroom, I'm leaning towards the Toto Washlet. But also came across the Bio Bidet. We used the Toto Washlet at the Hyatt and it was pretty nice. But reading up on the Bio Bidet, it has more stainless steel and a better self cleaning function.

Experience with either in a long term setting? Any others we should look at?

Anything for the bathroom downstairs with no GFCI?

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
We have Toto washlets and they have been fantastic. The only self cleaning function is the wand will rise itself with water before and after you use it. We clorox it every so often but have never had an issue with it being dirty. The way the water sprays and the nozzle is angled, I don't think splash back really happens. And you're not going to be shitting while the wand is extended anyway.

For the bathroom with no outlet, you could always get one of the cold water units that use water pressure to extend the wand, but then you lose out on the heated water, seat and spray settings. I'd just have an outlet put in so you could run a plug in washlet.

Reactions: Dazed1

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
Just about every household in Japan has a Toto bidet. I highly recommend them as mine has worked without flaw for the last 3 or so years.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
LOVE the nightlight on our BioBidet 6800, night time pee means no lights turned on bc you have a target

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Seem that Toto is the way to go. No issues with maintenance? And longevity?

Clean it as you would a normal toilet seat. My cleaners haven't done anything different to it and it still looks new. There are quick release tabs on the side so you can remove it every couple of months to clean underneath where it connect to the toilet if you want to.

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
picked up a Brondell S1000-EW Swash 1000 in 2016, still going strong
:bowdown: excellent purchase. builder didn't understand why i wanted a gfci outlet placed so close to the toilet :rofl:

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
I bought the BB2000 a month ago or so, no regrets but nothing to compare it too. Squeaky clean butthole.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
MAX POWER

o4bCRxah.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf and Dazed1

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman