ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Ps5's UI is a downgrade imo. It looks less cluttered than ps4 but it's also less intuitive now

I disagree. Once you get used to it being different, I think it's easier to navigate than the PS4. I like how clean it is, and how the screen is just entirely focused on whatever game you have selected at that moment.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
i prefer the PS4 ui to the PS5, but the PS5s is faster and downloads actually work. PS4 downloads fucking sooo damn slow

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I mean that's how I feel about the ps5

When I switch to it from my xbox eeeeyyhhhhhhhh

They haven't even updated the UI since XBone. So clunky and cluttered, no sense of intention to how things are laid out, redundant menus that all take you to the same place, typical Microsoft UI design. :greddy:

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
They haven't even updated the UI since XBone. So clunky and cluttered, no sense of intention to how things are laid out, redundant menus that all take you to the same place, typical Microsoft UI design. :greddy:
Troll bait. Or someone who hasn't used Xbox ui

There was a article or reddit post where they laid out that the ps5 ui required like 30% more button presses on average to go to things or execute actions and it def feels that way to me

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
I disagree. Once you get used to it being different, I think it's easier to navigate than the PS4. I like how clean it is, and how the screen is just entirely focused on whatever game you have selected at that moment.
Yeah it looks cooler, for sure. But navigating? Actually *using* the UI? Rough

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Troll bait. Or someone who hasn't used Xbox ui

There was a article or reddit post where they laid out that the ps5 ui required like 30% more button presses on average to go to things or execute actions and it def feels that way to me

I mean I have an Xbox, so I've definitely used the UI.

I can't say I ever bothered counting how many button presses it takes to do any particular action in the console's UI. Most of the time all I'm going to be doing is turning the console on, opening a game, closing a game, and shutting the console off. I don't really care about an extra button press or two here and there. I like an interface that's clean and organized, that doesn't put an excessive amount of unnecessary information on the screen at all times.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
I need to see if I've got the ps5 on instant on. Does it have one?

By the time my TV is on xbox is at dashboard and ps5 hasn't even done the glitter screen

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
the xbox app on pc is pretty solid, haven't touched an xbox console since the 360 and i barely played on that one tho

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
been playing Into the Breach on mobile (if you have a Netflix sub and you play mobile games you should grab it) and i always thought the game would work great on mobile. it does. it's a perfect port. might even be better this way. easily one of the best games out there, it's endlessly entertaining. the game is just so good at creating little puzzles with solutions out of seemingly random elements. it feels more like a series of puzzles than a traditional strategy game because of how things work, like some units might not even be able to damage enemies, all they can do is reposition them, but this will enable enemies to waste attacks, attack other enemies, or even kill themselves.

if you never played it, the game takes place on a fairly small grid populated with different buildings / objects you have to defend, different environmental hazards to avoid, etc. you control by default three mechs (think pixel art evangelion / pacific rim / etc.) against invading insectoid aliens. the concept of the game is that you are traveling back in time to defend the timeline from the aliens and if you fail you can just time travel back again, unless your mech pilots die, and try again. if you abandon the timeline you can pick one mech pilot. pilots can level up twice, gaining new abilities like more movement / health / damage / more situational stuff / etc. you can gain power cores to gain new abilities on your mechs as well as equipment both active and passive that also require power cores to operate. you pick which map to finish, they all have particular rewards, the more rewards the harder the level. there are all kinds of objectives like defend a train as it crosses the map, defend satellites as they launch, protect certain strategic buildings, etc. and the maps will often have side objectives with rewards like destroy a dam to flood a part of the map, set a bunch of forests on fire, etc. each turn enemies will spawn in on the map but you can block them and take some damage on your mechs (or reposition enemies so they take the damage), which can cause you to be overwhelmed if you don't block enough. lots of really tough decisions, like do i let this mech pilot die (you'll get an AI to control them if you don't have a backup pilot but the AI does not gain experience), do i let this building die, and so on.

10 / 10 game imo

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Not excited for anything right now lads, dunno what's going on with me but no interest in playing anything TBH
i needed something after elden ring to fill the void so i jumped into a mindless assassin creed game and i’m powering through it but am definitely not enjoying it lol

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
i needed something after elden ring to fill the void so i jumped into a mindless assassin creed game and i’m powering through it but am definitely not enjoying it lol

Going from the bliss of elden rings open world to the bloat of assassins creed?

no bueno mi amigo

imo find something tighter as a palette cleanser (which is what i've been struggling to do)

I was able to power through horizon forbidden west on its sheer production quality, but even that wasn't very thrilling following elden ring

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971