ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Going from the bliss of elden rings open world to the bloat of assassins creed?

no bueno mi amigo

imo find something tighter as a palette cleanser (which is what i've been struggling to do)

I was able to power through horizon forbidden west on its sheer production quality, but even that wasn't very thrilling following elden ring
yeah i knew going in

now son i am regret

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Going from the bliss of elden rings open world to the bloat of assassins creed?

no bueno mi amigo

imo find something tighter as a palette cleanser (which is what i've been struggling to do)

I was able to power through horizon forbidden west on its sheer production quality, but even that wasn't very thrilling following elden ring
I went to HZD since I had never played it, and while it was OK it got annoying super-fast. Too much UI, too many distractions while somehow also being on rails for the story. got about 20 hours in and said fuck it.

Went to Days Gone, and it's just what I needed. Minimal UI, straightforward tasks, plenty of impetus to explore and test yourself, great voice work, and lots of super-cool details. Two of my favorites are the ability to switch your shoulder position, and that if there's NPC dialogue and you get jumped, Deacon auto-requests a repeat so you can hear what you missed.

As it stands, I'm playing tour guide for a friend in ER on the weekends and it is so cool to hear his exclamations while he travels and finds new things.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
There been any good shit added to Game Pass in last few months? Also haven't played anything since Elden Ring

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
There been any good shit added to Game Pass in last few months? Also haven't played anything since Elden Ring

What did Elden Ring do to us? I also haven't really been able to get stuck into anything since I finished it. Dabbled here and there with a few different games, but it's been a real struggle to sit down and focus on anything for any length of time. :hs:

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare

great game but feels like it could have been shorter. i really skipped almost all mini-dungeons starting at the plateau

the game feels to me like it peaks after you kill Morgott. i hope the DLC(s) add more content to the later zones, the snowfields especially feel empty and uninteresting

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
the game feels to me like it peaks after you kill Morgott. i hope the DLC(s) add more content to the later zones, the snowfields especially feel empty and uninteresting
i appreciated that snowfields were more linear than previous zones. it seemed like it was empty-ish on purpose. especially the optional snowblind area.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I felt like the best zones were late in the game, Haligtree and Farum Azula. Played it 100% 3 times in a row. Loved all the side dungeons. Gonna play again soon.

Reactions: crotch

VicenteFox

Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
I felt like the best zones were late in the game, Haligtree and Farum Azula. Played it 100% 3 times in a row. Loved all the side dungeons. Gonna play again soon.
i fell so many times in the haligtree. the brace was hard too with those rot avatars. F that lake of rot as well.

best dungeon in the game was stormveil

Reactions: crotch

VicenteFox

Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca

imo it peaks early with stormveil and early trip underground.

it's definitely not bloated in the ubisoft way but editing stuff down like 20-30% would prob improve game overall. trim some minor dungeons here, make caelid smaller, etc

VicenteFox

Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
trimming game down would prob prevent you from getting so damn overleveled too. i feel like if just do all the things by midgame almost all the bosses are cakewalks

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
imo it peaks early with stormveil and early trip underground.

it's definitely not bloated in the ubisoft way but editing stuff down like 20-30% would prob improve game overall. trim some minor dungeons here, make caelid smaller, etc
I liked the capitol more than stormveil

Reactions: Niccolo-daddy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529