ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
if you do Control, do yourself a favor and don't read anything about story unless you realllllly get stuck. ending stretch is S tier content of that generation

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
Apparently Yakuza: Like a Dragon is going to be one of the PS Plus games for August, and I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm excited to give that one a shot.
Played it on release. Really good game with great protagonists. I liked Yakuza 0 more though. Think I liked button mashing more than turn based combat.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Played it on release. Really good game with great protagonists. I liked Yakuza 0 more though. Think I liked button mashing more than turn based combat.
'bout a tie for me. Yakuza 0 was the firste one I ever played so I didnt 'get' the characters or why they mattered.

like a dragon with their entirely new cast I felt hit better with me despite the combat in zero being more 'engaging'

but it was also the first turn based combat game I've played since the original FF7 came out :o so i dug it still

Reactions: Niccolo-daddy

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
'bout a tie for me. Yakuza 0 was the firste one I ever played so I didnt 'get' the characters or why they mattered.

like a dragon with their entirely new cast I felt hit better with me despite the combat in zero being more 'engaging'

but it was also the first turn based combat game I've played since the original FF7 came out :o so i dug it still
Ichiban is way more lovable than Kiryu imho and even more charismatic somehow. His friends are the same way. Just good folk caught up in shitty situations. I do like how even turn based combat they kept some of that timing thing from Yakuza 0 so felt engaged. Also summon moves are amazing (🦞 is hilarious)

Reactions: Boudreaux

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004

Tbh I think Yakuza 0 is the best way to get in. Since it's an intro to a lot of these characters. Dem prequels. Nice tidbits and references. Kiryu being amazed by 80s tech (cell phones, video game popularity) in side missions was super charming.

Reactions: Boudreaux

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
GoW 2018 really is a masterpiece.

not on any level. replay really showed the cracks in the game, i'd call it an average level game at this point. i definitely prefer the older GoW games. hopefully the next one has much, much less story, more mechanical depth, no tedious grindy endgame, no attempt to pull off metroidvania elements that only add bloat, snappier animations, better camera, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: GRattu and crotch

The Shish Kebab

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2007
Chicago, IL
not on any level. replay really showed the cracks in the game, i'd call it an average level game at this point. i definitely prefer the older GoW games. hopefully the next one has much, much less story, more mechanical depth, no tedious grindy endgame, no attempt to pull off metroidvania elements that only add bloat, snappier animations, better camera, etc.
Kratos is no Alexios that’s for sure

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

You know it's ok for other people to like things that you didn't like, right?

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012

The original trilogy is so sick. Stellar pacing throughout and just something about the tone is so engrossing

I'm enjoying this one a lot now that it's picking up but yeah there are some elements that I don't really care for... they can mostly be ignored tho

Reactions: GRattu

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
The original trilogy is so sick. Stellar pacing throughout and just something about the tone is so engrossing

I'm enjoying this one a lot now that it's picking up but yeah there are some elements that I don't really care for... they can mostly be ignored tho

they become more and more grating as the game goes on. BOY! BOY! "WATCH OUT FATHER" as you are killing the last enemy in a fight that has one hit left. the camera so close on your nuts that almost all deaths never feel like they're your fault but instead the fault of the game. another boat story starting right when you've reached your destination because the boating sections are short but there's a delay for the stories so if you want to hear them you have to sit there and twiddle your thumbs doing nothing at all. etc, etc, etc.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
You know it's ok for other people to like things that you didn't like, right?

you know it's ok to make fun of people for absurdly hyperbolic statements, right? masterpiece my ass. any game that has 30 second animations that you have to watch every time you open a chest or climb up a knee high ledge could never be called a masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds