ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I played TLOU for about two hours then put it down, the combat sucked and didn’t get into the story … I’m assuming the story gets better based on all the reviews, but I didn’t enjoy the core gameplay mechanics

first couple hours don't really show most of the game is, that's still the early story heavy part.

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
I played TLOU for about two hours then put it down, the combat sucked and didn’t get into the story … I’m assuming the story gets better based on all the reviews, but I didn’t enjoy the core gameplay mechanics
Oof boi, keep playing it gets better

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
all the non-combat animations took excessively long to me, tbf this was exacerbated by the ridiculous amount of story for a god of war game, and story that wasn't even good. like that did not feel like a world where people ever lived in it. the worldbuilding was completely missing.

Only game in recent memory that might have gotten me more engrossed in the story was Red Dead 2. Like it's fine that it didn't click for you, no game is ever going to appeal to everyone. But your opinion on this one is very much in the minority.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Only game in recent memory that might have gotten me more engrossed in the story was Red Dead 2. Like it's fine that it didn't click for you, no game is ever going to appeal to everyone. But your opinion on this one is very much in the minority.

lots of people with bad taste out there and i'm sorry but the god of war story is objectively trash. it's fine to like bad stories but c'mon, there's no meat there at all. it's just norse mythology put onto a world that couldn't possibly exist coupled with three of the most annoying characters in video game history.

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
Agree - extremely well done.
that hotel level near the end with that song is top 5 level design all time IMO

the whole back third is amazing. from the dude staring the television part, going down to the foundation, the damn lyrics of that of the ashtray maze song are so good. being fully leveled up feels way different than early game

Last edited:
Reactions: Boudreaux

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
Origins: pretty good pacing. beautiful setting. good protagonists soft antagonists. meh battle system but bow mechanics felt good.
Odyssey: bloaty McBloated game, just way too fucking big. Setting was beautiful but at some point you can only see so many Aegean pristine beaches. Kassandra carried that game w/ some interesting cast of characters scattered around. There is a great 40hr game in here and the rest could have been episodic or something.
Valhalla: man idk what I made of this thing months after finishing it. It was so meh. maybe not into the viking shit of it all but there really wasnt anything that I really loved about this game. Medieval Europe felt so tired to me. desire to be done w/ it got me through it. bloat beyond bloat. I supposed I learned some history?

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
I started playing a little bit of the first Xenoblade as I finish up GoW. Something about the setting/story is really cool to me
tbh i really didn't like #1, but i played it after i played 2

1 just felt really clunky, 2 was way tighter

3 feelin good so far

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
phenomenal series though. huge scale fights, really great battle system, compelling characters, massive world / vistas especially for the switch.

digital foundry review of 3 was really impressive to show how they do some technical wizardry using the switch's outdated hardware

monolithsoft is part of the team making BotW as well so its pretty cool to see their chops

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529