ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah I finished the full pantheon without dying (if you die you start over), legit one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in a single player game. Recorded the whole run for posterity actually.

Goddamn that is fucking epic. The fact you have to beat all the leadup bosses as well in a single rush is unreal.

Reactions: preston

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
how many tries if u had to estimate

It was about a week on the pantheon, start to stop, couple hours a night. I could get to the final set of bosses pretty easily but did work on two or three individual bosses along the first few sets to make sure I could get them done cleanly

Then I spent a good amount of time practicing Pure Vessel and Absolute Radiance. Pure Vessel is an insane fight, he’s fast and unforgiving and you need to be super precise. Radiance is just bombastic and overwhelms you with bullshit, and it can frazzle you after the full run. Even if my clear that I just rewatched I made a couple panic moves because it’s just a ton flying at you.

I got to Vessel maybe 5 times and died, and died 2 times at Radiance - that’s like a 30 minute attempt. I never died at Grimm, I had learned that fight well after beating him in the regular expansion.

Each of those attempts is like 30 minutes though, I’d say I restarted pantheon probably 20 times across the week, in order to get it done. Rewatching the last two fights now I don’t know what the fuck I was smoking to want to attempt it

Reactions: crotch and ostinato

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
beat GoW 2018

I wasn't expecting Baldur to be the final boss. I was like oh that was a fun fight

Got to Jotunheim expecting there to be some super epic finale with Odin or something... but nope apparently the game was over lol

Weakest ending of any GoW game I've played for sure, and some other aspects of the game were kind of sloppy... but I still really liked the experience overall. Ragnarok has a ton of potential

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Did a valkyrie fight and it was neat. Not sure if I want to try beating all of them though

The Shish Kebab

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2007
Chicago, IL
beat GoW 2018

I wasn't expecting Baldur to be the final boss. I was like oh that was a fun fight

Got to Jotunheim expecting there to be some super epic finale with Odin or something... but nope apparently the game was over lol

Weakest ending of any GoW game I've played for sure, and some other aspects of the game were kind of sloppy... but I still really liked the experience overall. Ragnarok has a ton of potential
damn you blazed through that shit

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I still haven't gone to the fire and fog realms so I might do that. Maybe the valkyrie fights too

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
beat GoW 2018

Idk, ending was emotional as fuck imo. It was all about that father/son bonding. And of course they're setting things up for Ragnarok.

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Idk, ending was emotional as fuck imo. It was all about that father/son bonding. And of course they're setting things up for Ragnarok.

The more I reflect on the ending, the more I like it. It just didn't feel like the typical God of War game so I was a little thrown off

Very hyped for Ragnarok

Reactions: Highlander_77

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I started a replay of GoW1 a few months ago so I'm gonna continue that and play through the rest of the og trilogy. Never finished 2 so that'll be interesting

Reactions: crotch

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
The more I reflect on the ending, the more I like it. It just didn't feel like the typical God of War game so I was a little thrown off

Very hyped for Ragnarok

It's definitely a very different type of game from the old ones, in every way, including the storytelling. Much more of a personal tale, not trying to be as huge and bombastic and "epic" as the old games.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds