ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
I'm not wanting to "go back" anywhere cause it takes forever. And I don't know if fast travel ever becomes a thing :o
it does sorts, those blue gates that let you traverse between shit are basically fast trav (you may not actually have that yet TBH), it may become avail after the frost stuff i honestly cant remember

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
it does sorts, those blue gates that let you traverse between shit are basically fast trav (you may not actually have that yet TBH), it may become avail after the frost stuff i honestly cant remember
So far the blue celtic patch doors I can use from the charm from Brok only let me go to his shop at the center of lake of nines. Maybe more functionality gets unlocked b/c other destinations are grayed out.

that said, its not a very robust location list.

Reactions: crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
So far the blue celtic patch doors I can use from the charm from Brok only let me go to his shop at the center of lake of nines. Maybe more functionality gets unlocked b/c other destinations are grayed out.

that said, its not a very robust location list.
you’ve completed most of his quests? iirc u can fast travel through those gates

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Progress further into the story. Once you have reached Helheim and cleared out that region, you return to Midgard. You now have the ability to harness Hel’s Wind and activate green orbs. Once you have returned from Helheim speak with Brok at Tyr’s Temple and he will tell you that he has upgraded the gates to work both ways.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
yeah those green orbs - haven't got the tool to use them yet.

and I'm not about to go back to early game areas and unlock all the red spicy sap locked chests, aint got time for that.

armor upgrades/different armors/enchantments have all felt sorta useless b/c it doesn't seem to affect my battles at all.

Reactions: crotch

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
GoW claims to be open world but its the most linear open world I've ever played lol

It doesn't claim to be open world at all. Cory Barlog even specifically said that it wasn't.

Reactions: GRattu

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
It doesn't claim to be open world at all. Cory Barlog even specifically said that it wasn't.

Let me rephrase.

I got the impression from reading things online (reviews etc) that it was more open world than its turned out to be. And I could have been projecting :dunno:

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
Let me rephrase.

I got the impression from reading things online (reviews etc) that it was more open world than its turned out to be. And I could have been projecting :dunno:
It's about as open world as super mario world. But it really works with a story heavy game like this. You want to give a Valkyrie a try, go ahead, want a story, no prob, want to hear mimir lore, boat's to the left.

Reactions: Boudreaux

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Let me rephrase.

Yeah, I saw a lot of commentary referring to the game as open world, and it kind of perplexed me because it most definitely isn't. Some people are using way too broad a definition of the term, imho.

Reactions: Boudreaux

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
It's about as open world as super mario world. But it really works with a story heavy game like this. You want to give a Valkyrie a try, go ahead, want a story, no prob, want to hear mimir lore, boat's to the left.
The "vistas" so to speak that pop up as you're going along are whats keeping me in the game TBH. Very Pretty stuff.

If they dont fix the iso camera distance for Ragnarok though :yikes:

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
The "vistas" so to speak that pop up as you're going along are whats keeping me in the game TBH. Very Pretty stuff.

If they dont fix the iso camera distance for Ragnarok though :yikes:
Disagree tbh. It's a tough balance (world vs char) but I like how close it is and reacts to your sways. Feels very very connected.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
yeah those green orbs - haven't got the tool to use them yet.

and I'm not about to go back to early game areas and unlock all the red spicy sap locked chests, aint got time for that.

armor upgrades/different armors/enchantments have all felt sorta useless b/c it doesn't seem to affect my battles at all.
bruh that’s bc you’re skipping chests lmao

you’re actively avoiding all of the shit that makes the game fun lol

you: avoids fast travel quests and gear upgrades
also you: why is it so hard to get around and why doesn’t my armor seem effective

:rofl:

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
bruh that’s bc you’re skipping chests lmao

you’re actively avoiding all of the shit that makes the game fun lol

you: avoids fast travel quests and gear upgrades
also you: why is it so hard to get around and why doesn’t my armor seem effective

:rofl:
I'm not actively avoiding anything :rofl:

I haven't skipped a chest I could get to yet. I'm being very thorough every time I get to a new area.

I haven't skipped gear upgrades at all - I'm saying different gear which I've tried all that I've found and tinkered with doesn't feel impactfully different.

I'm not to the point of the story I can meaningfully fast travel, as we've determined.

And I never said getting around was hard, but its cumbersome.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds