ENT GAME Bioshock bois: let us lose ourselves in elden ring

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I'm not actively avoiding anything :rofl:

I haven't skipped a chest I could get to yet. I'm being very thorough every time I get to a new area.

I haven't skipped gear upgrades at all - I'm saying different gear which I've tried all that I've found and tinkered with doesn't feel impactfully different.

I'm not to the point of the story I can meaningfully fast travel, as we've determined.

And I never said getting around was hard, but its cumbersome.
iirc i stacked the percentage upgrades and did a build around cooldowns of special moves

Reactions: Boudreaux

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
word? are you not a fan of story driven games like that?
i really dont care for zombie stories, same w western (never played rdr2)

also around the time that stuff came out i didnt have a playstation, and i have such a backlog now it really isnt high on the list

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
i really dont care for zombie stories, same w western (never played rdr2)

also around the time that stuff came out i didnt have a playstation, and i have such a backlog now it really isnt high on the list

i know people say this about all zombie stories, but tlou isnt really a zombie story

im sure you think its a technicality and i guess technically it is - but its a fungus and the aesthetic of the infected feels distinctly different from other zombie stories (imho)

also, its very much moreso about the relationship between the characters

Im sure none of that is new reasoning to you, but fuck - with a PS5 and no experience with the title I would be hardpressed to say give this remake a try when it releases

Reactions: Keksim and crotch

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Forbidden West
Spider-Man
Ghost of Tsushima
TLOU
Uncharted 4
God of War currently

are all the games I've finished or will finish so far after a year of having the PS5, dont think i'm forgetting any.

Reactions: crotch

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Forbidden West
Spider-Man
Ghost of Tsushima
TLOU
Uncharted 4
God of War currently

are all the games I've finished or will finish so far after a year of having the PS5, dont think i'm forgetting any.

Would add:

Returnal
Demon's Souls Remaster
Sifu
Kena
Ratchet and Clank

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Need to get on Sifu at some point

Kena is cute and ive been playing with my daughter off and on since release, but it hasn't really hooked me

Yeah, still haven't played either of them yet, just adding them to the list of ones to try out on the console.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
i actually remember having this same first impression, but after a few hours with the game i found the groove with it as positioned

I don't recall ever thinking that the camera was an issue. The game gives you indicators if something is about to smack you from off-screen. Pulling back the camera enough to make a big difference there would have had a detrimental effect on the whole visual impact and presentation.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i actually remember having this same first impression, but after a few hours with the game i found the groove with it as positioned

that impression is something that grew on me to the point where it became just another frustration in a stew of frustations by the end of the game. i've rarely had an opinion as negative impacted by a replay as i have by god of war.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I don't recall ever thinking that the camera was an issue. The game gives you indicators if something is about to smack you from off-screen. Pulling back the camera enough to make a big difference there would have had a detrimental effect on the whole visual impact and presentation.

the "visual impact and presentation" wasn't a good thing though. their commitment to that camera system came at the impact of solid game design and offered almost nothing up in return.

• Haha
Reactions: Highlander_77

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
that impression is something that grew on me to the point where it became just another frustration in a stew of frustations by the end of the game. i've rarely had an opinion as negative impacted by a replay as i have by god of war.
but u finished it right? if i play a game and have as many negative thoughts about it as you do GOW i simply stop playing it an uninstall it

you playing god of war and doing all side content and quests :

4BF0876C-0D76-48FC-9D81-B592B4E81B45.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Highlander_77

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
The camera didn't bother me too much. I got in the habit of strafing around the perimeter of arenas so that I could see enemies spawn

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
but u finished it right? if i play a game and have as many negative thoughts about it as you do GOW i simply stop playing it an uninstall it

you playing god of war and doing all side content and quests :

View attachment 245469

it's why i bought the game in the first place on pc, i wanted to see what the endgame content was like because @Sphygmo had no interest in it. that was the right move, it was awful bloat of the worst kind. actively detrimental to the rest of the game. and the story just becomes worse and worse as you play more of it because of how boring and repetitive and obnoxious it is.

• Haha
Reactions: crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds