ENT GAME Bioshock bois: why is Abby the best character in gaming?

riznat

Mar 29, 2011
nah slay the spire, monster train, gritflands types of games. if you haven't played any you start with a starter deck that you can change and modify like upgrade a card, remove a card, add a card, etc. and you try to mold your deck into something that can play through the randomly generated campaign to the end. inscryption isn't that random though. inscryption has a first person puzzler layer too though, like you can get up from the table and explore the room you're in. like an escape room type of thing. you're playing against this scary dude who narrates the game, it's a horror game too. great ending. lots of cool twists and surprises.
its so awesome, i just played another 20 or so minutes. I love the vibe of it. I only play games on my PS or switch so i miss out on a lot of the unique indie games that are more common on PC, I LOVE finding stuff like this. I probably played slay the spire from your commendation and loved that too.

Reactions: silkforcalde

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
nah slay the spire, monster train, gritflands types of games. if you haven't played any you start with a starter deck that you can change and modify like upgrade a card, remove a card, add a card, etc. and you try to mold your deck into something that can play through the randomly generated campaign to the end. inscryption isn't that random though. inscryption has a first person puzzler layer too though, like you can get up from the table and explore the room you're in. like an escape room type of thing. you're playing against this scary dude who narrates the game, it's a horror game too. great ending. lots of cool twists and surprises.
Well shit, that sounds even better! Thanks brother, I will 100% take a look.

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
its so awesome, i just played another 20 or so minutes. I love the vibe of it. I only play games on my PS or switch so i miss out on a lot of the unique indie games that are more common on PC, I LOVE finding stuff like this. I probably played slay the spire from your commendation and loved that too.

griftlands is on console i believe, it's a lot more story / rpg focused than slay the spire with great art and pretty cool dialogue, has two different combat modes with physical combat and a dialogue / persuasion mode each with their own decks and multiple stories to play through. has some meta progression that unlocks too.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
We finished "As Dusk Falls" the other night. It started off really interesting, music was good, voice acting was *mostly* good, and the art style was interesting. But it ended with what seems like zero resolution and more questions than answers and I can't help but feel like my time was wasted.

HATED Jay's VO.

• Love

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
i like when a story leaves me with questions, like annihilation
it wasn't satisfying at all though. Obviously, none of the choices REALLY mattered, as with most of these types, but overall it felt like there was no point to the story. It was made to be some kind of intricate interwoven story of generations and timelines...but it just wasn't. At the heart of it all was a very very basic story with no actual plot.

• Love

riznat

Mar 29, 2011
griftlands is on console i believe, it's a lot more story / rpg focused than slay the spire with great art and pretty cool dialogue, has two different combat modes with physical combat and a dialogue / persuasion mode each with their own decks and multiple stories to play through. has some meta progression that unlocks too.
I forgot i did buy griftlands, i really didn't like it though. I rarely pay attention to the story or dialog in games, usually as soon as some part of the story comes up, im on my phone refreshing offtopic and not looking up until I can play again.

It had way more story and way more going on with it then I felt like investing at the time. I paid attention In Hades though since it was so well wrapped up in game itself. Slay the spire didnt waste any time on that, which is probably why i liked it.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I forgot i did buy griftlands, i really didn't like it though. I rarely pay attention to the story or dialog in games, usually as soon as some part of the story comes up, im on my phone refreshing offtopic and not looking up until I can play again.

It had way more story and way more going on with it then I felt like investing at the time. I paid attention In Hades though since it was so well wrapped up in game itself. Slay the spire didnt waste any time on that, which is probably why i liked it.

fair enough

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
no idea what's going on in this immortality game or even what i'm trying to do or look for, it's just a bunch of videos and you can pause and rewind them and shit and focus on something that leads you to another video but it's just like the life of this actress, i guess you just keep clicking on shit and watching clips until you stumble onto something?

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
no idea what's going on in this immortality game or even what i'm trying to do or look for, it's just a bunch of videos and you can pause and rewind them and shit and focus on something that leads you to another video but it's just like the life of this actress, i guess you just keep clicking on shit and watching clips until you stumble onto something?
Yeah the gameplay tutorial is really bad but you know click on faces and figure out what's happening

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i'm clicking on all kinds of shit tho, like hands and bloody cloth and the clapperboards or whatever you call them

i like how when you speed things up it brings the music up louder, it has a pretty gorgeous score

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
As Dusk Falls was hella dumb.
Choices didn't matter. Stuff just happened.
Art was well done. Everyone except Vincent was a turd. Stories left unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jexic84026