ENT GAME Bioshock bois: why is Abby the best character in gaming?

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i didn't get all the hordes and i can see your point, once i realized i could just machinegun them down in seconds i was like "well i wish i'd done these earlier in the game"

about:blank

Apr 5, 2001
Played bioshock infinite because of this thread and it's a fun game. Didn't touch it for a few months and now when I try and start a game it just crashes to desktop. Tried the compatibility settings and a bunch of reddit recommendations, still crashes. Anybody have this problem?

Reactions: crotch

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Played bioshock infinite because of this thread and it's a fun game. Didn't touch it for a few months and now when I try and start a game it just crashes to desktop. Tried the compatibility settings and a bunch of reddit recommendations, still crashes. Anybody have this problem?
:dunno: havent played it since this thread was new :rofl: Never had any problems with it

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
Calling PCBROS.
Someone from IT needs to fix this poor man.

Reactions: about:blank

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare

if you have it through Steam, you can open your steam library and right click on the game, select Properties >> Local Files then click Verify integrity of game files. it will check your install and fix any inconsistencies.

if that doesn't work or isn't an option then you can try reinstalling your graphics drivers since that's a common problem.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Jeez TLoU remake is stunning. I'd only recommend it though if you've never played it or you're down with replaying what is mostly the same game but with way better visuals and slightly better A.I.

I never actually finished TLOU1 (actually didn't get that far in it at all), so I will probably grab this eventually. Gonna wait for a sale or price drop though.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
It's worth playing through for the spectacle alone. Also a great story and gameplay imo

I'm sure it is, but I'm honestly not the biggest fan of Naughty Dog's style of games. I finished TLOU2, but it was almost as much out of a sense of obligation as it was that I was actually enjoying it.

And no, my issues with it had absolutely nothing to do with the reasons why it was review bombed by Gamers™.

However I do appreciate it for the technical and artistic achievement that it is, and I did enjoy the combat. So I would like to hopefully finally give the first game a full playthrough. Just not for $70. :o

Reactions: Keksim

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
So I discovered something interesting when starting up The Ascent on PS5. This will only be relevant to those who own both PS5 and XSX, but it might be useful for those people when determining which console they want to get a particular game for. Since I had it on XSX as well, of course I fired that version up to compare. One difference that I noticed was that some of the shadow effects (mainly in certain areas where there are rotating shadows that look like fan blades or something in certain spots) look a little more "dramatic" on XSX and more subtle (but maybe more realistic?) on PS5. I honestly can't tell if there's some technical reason for it, or if it was an intentional design choice when making the PS5 version. But the other thing I noticed was that it seemed like the colors were more vivid and the overall visuals just "popped" more on PS5. That's when I realized that the XSX version was not running in HDR, but the PS5 version was. After some searching, it seems that the game does not natively support HDR on either console, but the PS5 has a mode that basically forces all games to output in HDR, regardless of whether the game itself supports it or not. I noticed this same difference in Death's Door when comparing the PS5 and XSX versions. Technically the HDR output may not be how those games are "supposed" to look, but imho it definitely improves the visual presentation when compared to the "official" non-HDR output of those games. They just look more muted and faded with the HDR off. Since the XSX doesn't have a mode to force HDR onto games that don't have it built in, this just gives me one more reason to prefer playing most games on PS5 rather than Series X (which, this point, looks like it's going to be collecting dust for me until either Forza Motorsport or Starfield comes out :o).

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
So I discovered something interesting when starting up The Ascent on PS5. This will only be relevant to those who own both PS5 and XSX, but it might be useful for those people when determining which console they want to get a particular game for. Since I had it on XSX as well, of course I fired that version up to compare. One difference that I noticed was that some of the shadow effects (mainly in certain areas where there are rotating shadows that look like fan blades or something in certain spots) look a little more "dramatic" on XSX and more subtle (but maybe more realistic?) on PS5. I honestly can't tell if there's some technical reason for it, or if it was an intentional design choice when making the PS5 version. But the other thing I noticed was that it seemed like the colors were more vivid and the overall visuals just "popped" more on PS5. That's when I realized that the XSX version was not running in HDR, but the PS5 version was. After some searching, it seems that the game does not natively support HDR on either console, but the PS5 has a mode that basically forces all games to output in HDR, regardless of whether the game itself supports it or not. I noticed this same difference in Death's Door when comparing the PS5 and XSX versions. Technically the HDR output may not be how those games are "supposed" to look, but imho it definitely improves the visual presentation when compared to the "official" non-HDR output of those games. They just look more muted and faded with the HDR off. Since the XSX doesn't have a mode to force HDR onto games that don't have it built in, this just gives me one more reason to prefer playing most games on PS5 rather than Series X (which, this point, looks like it's going to be collecting dust for me until either Forza Motorsport or Starfield comes out :o).

immortality is xbox / pc exclusive until the mobile ports release

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
but the PS5 has a mode that basically forces all games to output in HDR, regardless of whether the game itself supports it or not.
Got a source for that? Digital Foundry mentions none of allthatshitbyyou.word

How you like the gameplay?

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
They do. But I dont want to have to resource hunt to try a horde how I think will be most entertaining, rewarding, and fun.

And that's more than just run n gun which I can do in any other game.
I was an absolute hoarder lol. I cleared out every single camp and did every single thing I could to stay topped off. Helped me save money for the vendors and buy shitloads of ammo and weapons when things were low.

My favorite was throwing two or three attractors and then grenades and then attractors again. You could have them bouncing around and dying by the dozens before they saw you.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026