ENT GAME Bioshock bois: why is Abby the best character in gaming?

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
TLUO Question
this cunt that murdered Joel - I'm not supposed to know how she knows him yet right? I assume that'll be a 'revelation' at some point during the story?

why is she a cunt? joel absolutely deserved to die after the end of the first game, i didn't expect them to kill him off so quickly but i was not upset that it happened at all, joel was the villain of the first game after all

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
why is she a cunt? joel absolutely deserved to die after the end of the first game, i didn't expect them to kill him off so quickly but i was not upset that it happened at all, joel was the villain of the first game after all
I mean if you have that opinion, thats fine. She still actin' like a cunt.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Wait I'm dumb. I've got like almost 300
Whats this big bronze one w/ 100 on it - did I get that at the legit 100 and just never noticed?

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

i thought she was the most noble and justified character in the game

Maybe just let him find out the story and make up his own mind without spoiling shit?

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
i haven't spoiled shit, fuck off

You're telling him that she's noble and justified and how he should feel about the character. That's implying something about what he's going to learn later. Just let him find out on his own, NO ONE liked Abby right in the beginning of the game after she killed Joel.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
yeah abby was by far my favorite character in the game
Just using spoilers for @Boudreaux's sake even though the game is a couple years old...

I agree, she was the only whose motivation at least seemed justified. I mean Ellie was at first too, she didn't know what Joel had done. But once she learned the full story and then went BACK to try and kill Abby again after returning home...she lost me.

Reactions: Boudreaux

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
"you relearned some core game mechanics through her character in this chapter, she's absolved from all sins obviously"

Silkforcalde 2022

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
You're telling him that she's noble and justified and how he should feel about the character. That's implying something about what he's going to learn later. Just let him find out on his own, NO ONE liked Abby right in the beginning of the game after she killed Joel.

i did, that was a righteous action. i ended the last of us 1 differently from others i suppose, i wanted an option for joel to take the noble route but instead he became the worst villain of the franchise. i was not at all into the idea of playing more of him.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
i did, that was a righteous action. i ended the last of us 1 differently from others i suppose, i wanted an option for joel to take the noble route but instead he became the worst villain of the franchise. i was not at all into the idea of playing more of him.

I think the end of the first game is a lot more nuanced and complicated than that, morally.

Like sure, you could argue about the greater good and all that. But Ellie wasn't even being given a choice or even being told what was going to happen to her. There's no moral high ground to be had here.

Reactions: Boudreaux

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jexic84026