ENT GAME Bioshock bois: why is Abby the best character in gaming?

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
still on phoenotopia btw, really cool game. some of the random battles are kind of grueling though.

one thing annoyed me, i thought i was done talking to an NPC so i went and explored, got stumped as to what to do. knew i needed bombs to progress but the shack where you get bombs is locked. says i need a lock-picker and the npc i thought i had talked to enough said she was a lockpicker, but she's in indentured servitude and i have to capture the bandit leader to free her. so i figured i'd capture the bandit leader, free her, she'd pick the lock, then i'd get the bombs. couldn't figure out how to get to the bandit leader though. so i looked it up and i just needed to talk to that npc more and she would give me a side quest to hire a lockpicker. dunno how long it would've taken me to talk to her again, in retrospect it should've been the first thing i tried but i'd already talked to her a bunch. feel like this part of the game could be ironed out a bit better.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
i guess we had different goals. when playing TLoU1, my goal wasn't to save ellie. it was to save humanity. when you reach the end and it's like "well she has to die" it's like, that's a bummer but the cost is easily worth it. then you're forced to brutally murder innocent people. i guess some people just don't really have morality or something? those actions are absolutely purely villainous and diabolical.

So in your view, the ends justify the means, huh? This doesn't sound like such a moral high ground to me...

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
So in your view, the ends justify the means, huh? This doesn't sound like such a moral high ground to me...

if your option is potentially cure humanity of a plague and sacrifice one person or go on a murderous rampage and slaughter defenseless people, is that really a choice at all? of course not.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
if your option is potentially cure humanity of a plague and sacrifice one person or go on a murderous rampage and slaughter defenseless people, is that really a choice at all? of course not.

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is that those "innocent and defenseless people" lied to you and are planning on murdering the person who you've come to view as your adopted daughter for a potential cure that may or may not work. Might not feel like the sort of people you'd have a lot of trust in at that point.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
That's one way of looking at it. Another way is that those "innocent and defenseless people" lied to you and are planning on murdering the person who you've come to view as your adopted daughter for a potential cure that may or may not work. Might not feel like the sort of people you'd have a lot of trust in at that point.

you think they'd be able to tell joel the truth? he's irrational, stupid, prone to violence, and completely amoral.

• Haha
Reactions: Highlander_77

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I just beat Inscryption. I cannot recommend this game enough. It’s a card game but it’s so much more than that. it’s one of the most unique games i’ve ever played. 10/10 what a fun experience.

i loved the ending, had some real chills

Reactions: crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mohamedali2022