ENT GAME Bioshock bois: why is Abby the best character in gaming?

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Man, they just did such a good job with the battle stuff in FFVII Remake, I'm really impressed how the revamped and freshened up a traditionally turn based system and made it not, but still like, payed homage to it, for lack of a better term.

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, there's no good source port for it and I've been holding off on buying the Apogee pack that has the original in it because of that.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Reactions: crotch

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
I downloaded the trial for Steel Rising on PS Plus. There's some cool stuff going on there, but I'm not quite feeling it for a $50 purchase right now. The movement and combat feel a little janky.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
I beat BioShock 2 for the first time last night. Pretty decent, better than I was expecting. Some people like the 2 the most, and I like the QOL improvements (especially being able to use plasmids and weapons at the same time), but overall I liked BS1 more, mostly because the story is so awesome and for me BS2 doesn't quite capture it on the same level.

Playing through Bioshock Infinite for the first time now, and only a couple hours in but really liking this one! I actually like the simplicity of only having two weapons at a time because the game is tuned for it and dealing with the weapon wheel constantly (I play on XB1 SX) in previous games does become quite tedious.

Reactions: crotch

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
wow i just read that hopoo is recreating the Risk of Rain 2 console version from scratch because the company that ported it did such a bad job, so they've been delaying the DLC that released this spring on PC, that's wild. can't imagine that's a cheap endeavor. the people that bounced off RoR2 on this thread, did you play it on console? might be worth trying again when the updated version releases, i've never played the console version but i've heard it's way buggier than the PC version.

i dunno if i'd want to play that game with a controller though, it's clearly designed around mouse and keyboard.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
wow i just read that hopoo is recreating the Risk of Rain 2 console version from scratch because the company that ported it did such a bad job, so they've been delaying the DLC that released this spring on PC, that's wild. can't imagine that's a cheap endeavor. the people that bounced off RoR2 on this thread, did you play it on console? might be worth trying again when the updated version releases, i've never played the console version but i've heard it's way buggier than the PC version.

i dunno if i'd want to play that game with a controller though, it's clearly designed around mouse and keyboard.

I bought it on both PC and console. It didn't make a difference. Just wasn't my cup of tea. And I went in EXPECTING to enjoy it, based on everything I'd heard. I suppose if they release this remade edition for console and it's free to people who already purchased it, I'll give it another shot. But the reasons I bounced off it had nothing to do with technical issues.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I bought it on both PC and console. It didn't make a difference. Just wasn't my cup of tea. I suppose if they release this remade edition for console and it's free to people who already purchased it, I'll give it another shot. But the reasons I bounced off it had nothing to do with technical issues.

how much did you play? did you unlock and try out other characters? because i can definitely see someone bouncing off with only a few hours of commando, i don't like that class much at all.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
So if anyone is in the mood for a new Devil May Cry, early 2000s style action slash-em-up, Soulstice is worth checking out. Kind of a nice change of pace from every other game being a Soulslike these days. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026