ENT GAME Bioshock bois: why is Abby the best character in gaming?

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
how much did you play? did you unlock and try out other characters? because i can definitely see someone bouncing off with only a few hours of commando, i don't like that class much at all.

I couldn't stay interested long enough to unlock anything else. Maybe they should make one of the fun classes available at the start?

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I couldn't stay interested long enough to unlock anything else. Maybe they should make one of the fun classes available at the start?

they did with a later patch. they added the bandit class and when they did that they replaced the huntress unlock requirement with bandit and made huntress (one of the best classes) a default unlock. commando is a basic class though. a dash, a typical gun, a shotgun type special, and a damage / utility special. very easy to understand abilities that translate well to a typical gamer's already built in knowledge to allow them to get how the game works without worrying about figuring out how to play the character itself. some of the characters have quite complex ability interactions like mercenary.

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
wow i just read that hopoo is recreating the Risk of Rain 2 console version from scratch because the company that ported it did such a bad job, so they've been delaying the DLC that released this spring on PC, that's wild. can't imagine that's a cheap endeavor. the people that bounced off RoR2 on this thread, did you play it on console? might be worth trying again when the updated version releases, i've never played the console version but i've heard it's way buggier than the PC version.

i dunno if i'd want to play that game with a controller though, it's clearly designed around mouse and keyboard.

I played it on Playstation with KB+M. It was pretty buggy yeah - didn't run super well either iirc

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
I just got a PS5 today and I haven't had a Playstation since PS2.

What are the top 3 exclusives I should play that aren't God of War or The Last of Us? (nothing against those games and I'm definitely going to play them, just they are probably the most obvious choices).

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas

What are the top 3 exclusives I should play that aren't God of War or The Last of Us? (nothing against those games and I'm definitely going to play them, just they are probably the most obvious choices).
I played spider man first IIRC.

But having purchased my PS5 a year ago after not having one since the OG, my lists would be, excluding the ones you mentioned

Ghosts of Tushima
Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West
Days Gone (YMMV)
Uncharted

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012

take what Boudreaux and crotch listed, and add Demon's Souls. Like Ratchet and Clank it's exclusively built for PS5 hardware.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England

All the games mentioned are worth playing, but if I were going to give my personal top 3 recommendations for PS5 specifically, I'd say Demon's Souls, Horizon Forbidden West and Spider-Man remastered/Miles Morales, with Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut as a possible substitute if one of those looks like it's not your cup of tea.

Reactions: NULL_bits

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm definitely going to check out Ratchet and Clank! I used to love it back on PS2 and I just checked it out on YT and it looks awesome, so that's definitely going to be priority.

Demon's Souls also looks really good, I'm a bit torn on it for now. I recently played Elden Ring, then went on a big Dark Souls bender after that, playing through all three of them, and kinda burnt out by the end, so I might need a breather on FromSoft games, but it does look great, also I want to check out Bloodborne at some point as well.

I am kinda interested in Ghosts of Tsushima because I always see people talking about it, but I have heard that it's quite a long game (40-ish hours if I recall), and my attention span for long games is waning these days.

Quick question:

I bought the bundle that comes with Horizon: Forbidden West - is this a good entry point in the series or should I do I need to play the previous game?

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas

I'm definitely going to check out Ratchet and Clank! I used to love it back on PS2 and I just checked it out on YT and it looks awesome, so that's definitely going to be priority.

Demon's Souls also looks really good, I'm a bit torn on it for now. I recently played Elden Ring, then went on a big Dark Souls bender after that, playing through all three of them, and kinda burnt out by the end, so I might need a breather on FromSoft games, but it does look great, also I want to check out Bloodborne at some point as well.

I am kinda interested in Ghosts of Tsushima because I always see people talking about it, but I have heard that it's quite a long game (40-ish hours if I recall), and my attention span for long games is waning these days.

Quick question:

I bought the bundle that comes with Horizon: Forbidden West - is this a good entry point in the series or should I do I need to play the previous game?
Ghost of Sushi is 40 hrs if you commit to doing most if not all the side quests and IMO the story is written well enough that its one of the 'shorter' feeling games in that regard, if thats your bag. But if you like the gameplay and combat you'll want to because its enjoyable.

I'd say its worth playing the first game in the Horizon series for background info on the story, or watch a recap on YT if you're not that interested.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England

Quick question:

I second that, at the very least you should watch some recaps and the cinematics from the first game before playing HFW. Ideally I'd say actually play it (maybe just plow through the main story) to fully appreciate the sequel, both in terms of story and characters as well as the improvements made.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY

Quick question:

You HAVE to play the previous game. Forbidden West is a direct sequel

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

Quick question:

horizon forbidden west is like 2x as long as ghost of tsushima if you're a completionist, game is fuckin massive

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
horizon forbidden west is like 2x as long as ghost of tsushima if you're a completionist, game is fuckin massive

Truth. By the time I finished the main story of Horizon Zero Dawn, I had already almost platinumed the game just in the process of playing through it. I am nowhere CLOSE to that after finishing the story of HFW. Granted, I may have been rushing slightly toward the end because I had Elden Ring waiting for me...

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
I need to remember to check my playtime at GoT when I get home. I did everything except like all the collection of dyes for the outfits.

I can't imagine it was much more north of 40hrs

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
speaking of long games i'm over 38 hours into phoenotopia now, what a truly massive game this is, dunno how much i have left but i'm still a long way from 100% completion

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mohamedali2022