Bioshock boys: It is time to see if Dead Space is hypeworthy

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
i’ve yet to find a good enough ramattra that i can speed boost during his ult. but i feel like when i do itlll be sweet

was playing kings row the other day, the matchmaking was on point bc i feel like both teams were equal with no steamrolling

the enemy team had an orisa and a tracer. the tracer wasn’t anything to worry about really but i saw a combo i hadn’t seen yet with orisas new ult + pulse bomb from tracer

i was moira so i faded out but soon got picked and it counted it as a team kill. orisa got potg with the 4 man ult kill, the chat blew up from both sides like

wow
okay that was insane
holy shit

lol was fun to witness
I watched a stream on the woman's comp, she called me over to see it and holy shit man... Lucio speed boosting his ass to each enemy was something to see.

Oh that makes sense with Orisa and the pulse. That's badass. And Orisa is twice as fun as she used to be. Bitch is stupid. One good support that pockets and plays angles well and Orisa is a nightmare.
i feel like i just cannot reliably land her knives no matter how much i lead them. also her crits do extra damage right? i even feel like i have trouble doing headshot crits with her for some reason lol
I have some issues with it as well. It may very well be that I'm too rusty, or flat-out not good enough, but I have played with people that have turned the tide based on her abilities.

I should take her into AI practice...

EDIT: The matchmaking has NOT improved

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I think the overall major plot points are the same though right?

Not necessarily lol

From what I've heard, this one is largely faithful to the first disc of the original game but the sequels might not be. That's only speculation though

But even if the major plot points are the same, the remake feels so different and fresh - it's like watching the LotR films after reading the books

Last edited:

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
The original might not be worth going back to though because some of it is outdated. You do have to grind sometimes and the graphics are ugly as sin

Reactions: NULL_bits

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
dasit

i feel like when cornered he’s a legit threat to dps as well if they try to flank and peel him.

moira , if cornered and has used her fade and can’t escape her survivability is a bit lower, i can be much more aggressive trying to get a pick if i get flanked with bap

i'm usually the flanker on moira, a lot of people at my rank (plat 3) don't seem to know how you can use fade against literally any object to gain height and they'll feel safe until i'm on top of them with a quick damage orb that bounces the direction they'll always go with my beam until i get close enough to claw their face. i delete widows this way.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Straight answer:
I love tanking. That's what I do when the game calls for it (EQ, WoW, etc). I'm a Rein guy, to the marrow, if the situation allows for it (eg, hard counters) but I can also lead with Zarya, Orisa, Sigma, and Hog

Long, boring addendum:
I played mystery heroes for many months in order to be a strong flex player and to know strengths/weaknesses, so I can hold my own with most anyone I'm given.

Having said that, I've been working with the new-to-me heroes a lot over the last week:
  • I can't quite get a feel for JQ yet. It seems like her ult naturally causes negative isolation and the subsequent focus death. A good Kiriko can deal with her easily. And you had better be strong with that blade or you're gimped. Don't like playing her at all, feels forced and silly.
  • Kiriko is super cool. Her heals feel a tiny bit slow, compared to my fave support Bap, but they are solid and her skillset is really nice. I got to play with a damned fine Kiriko two nights ago and I was super impressed.
  • Sojourn is an absolute joy to play. Fantastic power and range, great accuracy. Even a 50% charged rail will have people running. Her mini-grave seems to freak people out, so it's a lot of fun to throw that shit down and watch people scatter. Her glide-jump mobility is beautiful, and frankly if I were a Widow main I'd be punching the air daily.
  • Ramattra is a little TOO fun, especially with a Lucio on board. I call him Hakuna Mata, lol. His dps range is absolutely stupid for a tank. His shield has good utility without being OP, one example being that final leg on a robot push when you are trying to lock things down. His debuff is solid, and his ult is murder against people who won't back off. The way he can clear space against a smart group is unreal, and the chaos and pain he delivers when teams try to swarm him is hilarious.
I'm only a few days back in, but these are my preliminary results. I'm highly interested in your take re: the new heroes as well as the myriad of reworks (eg giving Orisa a solid, protected support is laughably OP).

i'll post some thoughts a bit later

• Cool
Reactions: obscure/renegade

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
sojourn is still pretty strong even after nerfs but if i'm on dps i still prefer soldier 76. against sojourn i've had a lot of success baiting her right clicks. her aoe was more dangerous when it slowed you down but that nerf really neutered it a bit.

ram is good if the support is good. i have bad luck playing ram a lot because i'm gold on tank and support at that rank is just terrible. i have way more luck playing d.va. i'll play around with d.va, winston, orisa, sigma, and ram depending on team comp but i usually end up on d.va. i like ram's kit a lot, he's ridiculous in total mayhem, but he's a bit squishy at times if the team isn't playing right. could just need more practice, but i do end up with most damage on ram.

kiriko is fine, i do a solid amount of damage with her and heal a ton but i just have so much more time on lucio and moira that i typically switch off to them if things look even a bit south. i almost entirely play lucio and moira when i play support, i'll try another character and just swap to moira because of the comfort level.

JQ feels like an offtank, i play her a fair amount in open queue and it's great fun, but she's way too squishy as a solo tank.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
i'm usually the flanker on moira, a lot of people at my rank (plat 3) don't seem to know how you can use fade against literally any object to gain height and they'll feel safe until i'm on top of them with a quick damage orb that bounces the direction they'll always go with my beam until i get close enough to claw their face. i delete widows this way.
oh i always take it upon myself to take down widows too with her lol

Reactions: silkforcalde

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
sojourn is still pretty strong even after nerfs but if i'm on dps i still prefer soldier 76. against sojourn i've had a lot of success baiting her right clicks. her aoe was more dangerous when it slowed you down but that nerf really neutered it a bit.

ram is good if the support is good. i have bad luck playing ram a lot because i'm gold on tank and support at that rank is just terrible. i have way more luck playing d.va. i'll play around with d.va, winston, orisa, sigma, and ram depending on team comp but i usually end up on d.va. i like ram's kit a lot, he's ridiculous in total mayhem, but he's a bit squishy at times if the team isn't playing right. could just need more practice, but i do end up with most damage on ram.

kiriko is fine, i do a solid amount of damage with her and heal a ton but i just have so much more time on lucio and moira that i typically switch off to them if things look even a bit south. i almost entirely play lucio and moira when i play support, i'll try another character and just swap to moira because of the comfort level.

JQ feels like an offtank, i play her a fair amount in open queue and it's great fun, but she's way too squishy as a solo tank.
IDGAF what anyone says, 76 is still a killer with awesome versatility. Speed, power, range, AOE heals. I'm just super-pleased with Sojourn as an alternative. I also like Ashe, and my accuracy rating with her is either tied with 76 or #1. Haven't looked in a while.

Ram needs support for sure. New players charge ahead and are left holding their sack solo on the map in some corner, while their team tries to 4v5. Dva is still a great option, so I can see why you go with her alot. Her mobility is a big deal, and obvs her ult is always a scatter moment.

Lucio is my second-fave for support and a one-man highlight reel.

JQ, ugh. I'm gonna try her some more but I'm not feeling it. I'd rather try to get better with Hammy.

EDIT: I've been having fun annoying people with Mei, in terms of dividing their team for Focus Fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: silkforcalde

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
IDGAF what anyone says, 76 is still a killer with awesome versatility. Speed, power, range, AOE heals. I'm just super-pleased with Sojourn as an alternative. I also like Ashe, and my accuracy rating with her is either tied with 76 or #1. Haven't looked in a while.

Ram needs support for sure. New players charge ahead and are left holding their sack solo on the map in some corner, while their team tries to 4v5. Dva is still a great option, so I can see why you go with her alot. Her mobility is a big deal, and obvs her ult is always a scatter moment.

JQ, ugh. I'm gonna try her some more but I'm not feeling it. I'd rather try to get better with Hammy.

EDIT: I've been having fun annoying people with Mei, in terms of dividing their team for Focus Fun.
i played last night and i’m like mid silver on heals this season, this jq was a beast. i swapped to mercy to damage boost bc this mfer was literally carrying us

it is possible to play jq well it is just very rare lol

• Wow

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i played last night and i’m like mid silver on heals this season, this jq was a beast. i swapped to mercy to damage boost bc this mfer was literally carrying us

it is possible to play jq well it is just very rare lol

mid silver anything works, meta is not important because people are lacking too much game sense. i've definitely seen JQ wreak havoc in silver (i'm silver in dps). plat 3 is where it's getting a bit sweaty for me. i feel like moira has kind of an upper end of viability, at higher ranks her lack of meaningful utility is just too much of a drawback. diamond is where i really start feeling that though and i'm not there yet, haven't been diamond in years.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

try JQ in open queue AKA tank brawl AKA GOATS 2.0

• Haha

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
try JQ in open queue AKA tank brawl AKA GOATS 2.0
giphy.gif

May 8, 2001
Colorado
yeah i feel like he has the highest skill cap in the game, given this i don't really feel bad about getting spanked by a WB. it rarely happens. usually it's Orisa who I do feel needs some kind of nerf. also Hog.
Orisa does seem too strong atm.

I'm torn on my feelings towards RH. Because he is strong as hell, but can generally be tamed by DVA or Orisa. If you play poorly into a good hog though, it's game over.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld