Bioshock boys: It is time to see if Dead Space is hypeworthy

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
Playing Stranded Deep now. Finished it on PS but it's on Gamepass, so I'll whore out another 1,000 gamer score

1000000776.gif

Reactions: crotch

Matren

I am vengeance! I am the night!
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
npzbpfykmeaa1.png

• Haha
Reactions: obscure/renegade

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
been playing the Death Stranding: Director's Cut. about 19 hours in. i actually like this game way more than i thought i would. driving around in my truck on highways i helped build is quite satisfying after lugging around so many stacks of boxes for so long. still has the same problems i had with MGS V like a silly story presented seriously that in no way even approximates a well integrated story into the game medium or a somewhat restrictive open world (not nearly to the degree of MGS V here though) that requires you to do seriously repetitive missions over and over. but the core gameplay is actually really satisfying and the bleak atmosphere is very appealing and it has this kind of wholesomeness with the community interactions. i'm kind of sucked in.

currently i'm in Chapter 3, Fragile. good thing Fragile wears clothing that says Fragile on it like 6 times otherwise I might forget her name. the chapter 2 boss fight was kind of cool, Troy Baker is seriously hamming it up in this game.

really dig the shooting range stuff, one of the more fun training stuff i've seen in a game in a while. i like how the game doles out content. just when running around starts feeling oppressive, you get a motorcycle. then you get a support skeleton to help carry new loads. then you start being able to carry more weight than the motorcycle can hold and you make it to a new area where you can hijack trucks that can carry far more weight, and then start building highways to drive your truck around.

a lot more bodily fluid stuff than anyone would reasonably expect from a video game. i'm not sure why they went with Norman Reedus as the main character, he's a fucking terrible actor.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
Just finished Spiderman + DLC and started Miles Morales and about 2 hours in I was feeling burned out on it so I shelved it for Uncharted 4. It’s like a male shadow of the tomb Raider with the big gaps between action but with a way more compelling and interesting story. Loving it so far @ chapter 9) :bowdown:

Reactions: GRattu and crotch

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
been playing the Death Stranding: Director's Cut. about 19 hours in. i actually like this game way more than i thought i would. driving around in my truck on highways i helped build is quite satisfying after lugging around so many stacks of boxes for so long. still has the same problems i had with MGS V like a silly story presented seriously that in no way even approximates a well integrated story into the game medium or a somewhat restrictive open world (not nearly to the degree of MGS V here though) that requires you to do seriously repetitive missions over and over. but the core gameplay is actually really satisfying and the bleak atmosphere is very appealing and it has this kind of wholesomeness with the community interactions. i'm kind of sucked in.

currently i'm in Chapter 3, Fragile. good thing Fragile wears clothing that says Fragile on it like 6 times otherwise I might forget her name. the chapter 2 boss fight was kind of cool, Troy Baker is seriously hamming it up in this game.

really dig the shooting range stuff, one of the more fun training stuff i've seen in a game in a while. i like how the game doles out content. just when running around starts feeling oppressive, you get a motorcycle. then you get a support skeleton to help carry new loads. then you start being able to carry more weight than the motorcycle can hold and you make it to a new area where you can hijack trucks that can carry far more weight, and then start building highways to drive your truck around.

a lot more bodily fluid stuff than anyone would reasonably expect from a video game. i'm not sure why they went with Norman Reedus as the main character, he's a fucking terrible actor.

Wait til you get ziplines and build a network around the map - especially the mountains. Epic and chill af. That whole game scratched an itch for me that I didn't even know I had.

Reactions: silkforcalde

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Wait til you get ziplines and build a network around the map - especially the mountains. Epic and chill af. That whole game scratched an itch for me that I didn't even know I had.

i was trying to figure out how to do this ranked shooting gallery mission faster and watched a vid and the dude had jet packs on his feet and i really, really want that lol

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
I wish there were more games like Uncharted. It just keeps getting better.

No busy work boring ass fetch quests or collectibles to level up, just compelling story and fun shit the whole time.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I wish there were more games like Uncharted. It just keeps getting better.

No busy work boring ass fetch quests or collectibles to level up, just compelling story and fun shit the whole time.
you okay ragnarok? it’s a little more open world but basically still on rails, not as much as uncharted.

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
The Berserker King kicked my ass. Even when I lowered the difficulty level to the lowest possible setting. :o :wtc:
I haven't fought the berserker king yet, but I'm getting my ass kicked by Gna. I could get her down to about two sections of her health bar and then I'd die.

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
It's funny that folks are saying Gna is the hard one. It took me a few tries, but I did beat her (maybe the 5th or 6th attempt without lowering the difficultly level). I actually got her almost beat two or three times and lost with her having just a sliver of health left. So I always knew I'd be able to beat her. But the Beserker King, he's been the biggest pain in my ass in the game. I haven't beat him yet. The last time, I realized I was swearing at the TV for like 45 minutes straight. So I turned it off - lol. But Gna...not so much. She was tough, but not crazy tough for me...not like the King.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
It's funny that folks are saying Gna is the hard one. It took me a few tries, but I did beat her (maybe the 5th or 6th attempt without lowering the difficultly level). I actually got her almost beat two or three times and lost with her having just a sliver of health left. So I always knew I'd be able to beat her. But the Beserker King, he's been the biggest pain in my ass in the game. I haven't beat him yet. The last time, I realized I was swearing at the TV for like 45 minutes straight. So I turned it off - lol. But Gna...not so much. She was tough, but not crazy tough for me...not like the King.
idk if they patched it but you using the life steal build that @TheEvil1 introduced itt?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld