Bioshock boys: It is time to see if Dead Space is hypeworthy

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
You see this? Might be in my top 5 or 10 most hype game trailers

First M-rated FF and supposedly they're making the combat more similar to action games like Devil May Cry

For some reason I just can’t get hyped for this. Did they really say the combat will be like DMC? I was more expecting it would be mostly turn based but with some mild action elements like FF 7 remake.

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
Looking forward to Fire Emblem next week, then Hogwarts Legacy next month. This is gonna be a great year for games bois 😎

Reactions: crotch

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
For some reason I just can’t get hyped for this. Did they really say the combat will be like DMC? I was more expecting it would be mostly turn based but with some mild action elements like FF 7 remake.

i haven't been excited to play a square enix game in so long that i forgot what it feels like, PS1 generation for sure. that's when they went from "gotta play em all" to "yeah i'll wait for steep discounts" for me.

i think the last one i even enjoyed playing at all was final fantasy xii and all that did was make me addicted to MMOs and i found it absolutely impossible to replay after I'd played WoW

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012

They didn't explicitly say that but it's supposed to be way more action-oriented than any other FF

It is also a fact that people are becoming less familiar with the old-fashioned style of RPGs, where you fight by selecting turn commands. That’s why the battles in Final Fantasy 16 are very action-based. We want to make people all over the world think that Final Fantasy is a great game.

• Love
Reactions: ostinato

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
Diablo IV, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and FF XVI all come out within like a few weeks of each other. I feel bad for whoever wants to play all of those lol
1.5 of those interest me. They are in the first 1/2 of the alphabet

Matren

I am vengeance! I am the night!
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
I just started doing some of the event shit in OW2, then I realized the reward was an old ass skin :rofl: Jesus fuck, fuck Blizzard so hard.

Goddamn, needing 300 kills for each fucking class in the event is :yikes:

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I just started doing some of the event shit in OW2, then I realized the reward was an old ass skin :rofl: Jesus fuck, fuck Blizzard so hard.

shit it’s not super easy to get the 25 final blows during an ult for one of the heroes. i gave up on it lol

i got the pink mercy skin anyway i’ll never change it

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

I don't think you're intended to get the titles for each character and I'm sure the event will repeat, I hate it though, garbage mode

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
i know everyone was eagerly waiting to find out

i just finished mass effect 2 and nobody died, gonna load up 3 here soon 🙏

gonna try to complete all 3 with no crew casualties :run:
I just finished 2 and started 3, barely anyone made it for me in 2, I made a lot of weird choices assuming people would die, didnt know I could've saved so many of them by putting competent people who were loyal to me in the right places, lost like 5 people who were loyal, I felt like such a savage

fucking garrus died, I nearly decided to call it there

I dont really love the game but will get through 3 (I know to set the bar low). I had never played any of them

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I just finished 2 and started 3, barely anyone made it for me in 2, I made a lot of weird choices assuming people would die, didnt know I could've saved so many of them by putting competent people who were loyal to me in the right places, lost like 5 people who were loyal, I felt like such a savage

fucking garrus died, I nearly decided to call it there

I dont really love the game but will get through 3 (I know to set the bar low). I had never played any of them
so i had only ever played 2 and 3 and andromeda, never 1

so when i started 1 i followed the ign guide to make sure i made all the right paragon choices, same thing with 2. so i’m hoping by the time i’ve finished 3 i’ll have a “perfect” game by saving everybody

but it had been years since i originally played 2/3 and when i did i went in blind with no guide and had a lot of the crew die same as you so it’s expected

2 is surprisingly finicky in terms of when you need to do things and in what order in order to have every squad mate be loyal and guarantee their survival

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA

so when i started 1 i followed the ign guide to make sure i made all the right paragon choices, same thing with 2. so i’m hoping by the time i’ve finished 3 i’ll have a “perfect” game by saving everybody

but it had been years since i originally played 2/3 and when i did i went in blind with no guide and had a lot of the crew die same as you so it’s expected

2 is surprisingly finicky in terms of when you need to do things and in what order in order to have every squad mate be loyal and guarantee their survival
I had only miranda and kasumi live besides shepard :rofl: it was carnage man

At least liara is still alive, kaiden is a little bitch and he's alive

• Haha

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA

damn theres another one, Andromeda? I think I will call it quits after I finish 3. Funny that we are at the same spot basically though, I have been binging it pretty hard during these CA rain storms

Too much other stuff, I will be burnt out on this story/world (nearly already am)

I had never played any of them, had the legendary edition on my wish lists since it came out and considered it like every steam and ps sale, then got it for free on ps+ so decided it was finally time :shrug:

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

i've done 2 twice without anyone dying, the first time i didn't even look anything up because it's kind of intuitive imo. do all the side content as soon as you can, make choices in the suicide mission based on the characters' strengths.

if i didn't have to do it all over again there is a choice i'd like to make differently in 2 regarding Legion and Tali to see how it would play out

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
i've done 2 twice without anyone dying, the first time i didn't even look anything up because it's kind of intuitive imo. do all the side content as soon as you can, make choices in the suicide mission based on the characters' strengths.

if i didn't have to do it all over again there is a choice i'd like to make differently in 2 regarding Legion and Tali to see how it would play out

Same. If you understand that characters CAN die in the final mission, it's not hard to figure out which choices to make to avoid that.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
OK so...

Why am I being matched with people who don't know the controls in one game, and then in the next there's some badass playing Sojourn ending with 15k and all but 1v5'ing the other team?

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
OK so...

Why am I being matched with people who don't know the controls in one game, and then in the next there's some badass playing Sojourn ending with 15k and all but 1v5'ing the other team?
bc the matchmaking is trash especially with ow2. i’ve seen people in gold complain of seeing a top 500 on the other team lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    abdallahppp6