Bioshock boys: It is time to see if Dead Space is hypeworthy

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
:werd: Yeah, the lack of 60fps is the biggest thing holding back my excitement about the new Zelda. :hs:

60 would be nice but at least the Zelda games have pretty low input lag even at 30 fps

I switched Guardians of the Galaxy to its quality mode and it was the most sluggish feeling thing ever. Completely unplayable

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
I’m completely ruined by 165hz and gsync

Even 100fps looks bad now. New GPU every year if I have to, never going back :rofl:

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
:hs: I've only got those two battles left and the brok thing. Should I go do the brok thing first? Been putting it off.
His funeral? Yeah, just go do that. It doesn't impact anything. There's no fighting. You just say a few words and Sindri makes another brief appearance. And I believe you get a trophy for doing that.

Reactions: herpes

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
I stated that wrong. I am basically a little beyond this scene and back in muspelheim after cleaning up all available side content so this is fresh on my mind. Her character and her character arc are great and obviously integral to the overall story. In terms of all of the protagonists, I found her the least likable. Her dialogue as a companion was grating though I do appreciate her poison attack. I was always happy to see Brok and Sindri so this stings :hs:

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I stated that wrong. I am basically a little beyond this scene and back in muspelheim after cleaning up all available side content so this is fresh on my mind. Her character and her character arc are great and obviously integral to the overall story. In terms of all of the protagonists, I found her the least likable. Her dialogue as a companion was grating though I do appreciate her poison attack. I was always happy to see Brok and Sindri so this stings :hs:
Man that nidhogg fight with her was making me so fucking mad :rofl:

She kept admonishing for fucking up, it's like bitch you best shut the fuck up

NULL_bits

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2021
165 vs 60? It absolutely is night and day. I could live with 120-130 but as soon as I’m consistently getting around 100, I’m upgrading
For me the difference between 30 and 60 is drastic, but the difference between 60 and 144 (the max my monitor will go) is noticeable, but not really that big. I can easily live with 60, but of course won't turn down higher frames if it's available. Personally I wouldn't call it "night and day", more like "night and dusk".

Reactions: Keksim

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
For me the difference between 30 and 60 is drastic, but the difference between 60 and 144 (the max my monitor will go) is noticeable, but not really that big. I can easily live with 60, but of course won't turn down higher frames if it's available. Personally I wouldn't call it "night and day", more like "night and dusk".
I guess everyone’s eyes are different but I spend most of my time on Overwatch where it literally is never below 165. When I started Valhalla and I got 100-110, it looked bad. Dropped the settings to medium and got 120-130 and finished the game like that and bought a 4080 on release day :o

May 8, 2001
Colorado
165 vs 60? It absolutely is night and day. I could live with 120-130 but as soon as I’m consistently getting around 100, I’m upgrading
You never mentioned 60. So no, that is not what I was saying.

I'm saying that I find it hard to believe, that you think 100fps looks so bad, that you won't play on it. What games are you playing that you're maintaining 165fps?

edit: i see OW

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
You never mentioned 60. So no, that is not what I was saying.

I'm saying that I find it hard to believe, that you think 100fps looks so bad, that you won't play on it. What games are you playing that you're maintaining 165fps?

edit: i see OW
Overwatch, but now with a 4080 pretty much everything :bowdown:

I wasn’t sure what you were comparing to but 165 vs 60 is night and day. 165 vs 100-120, I’ll give you night vs dusk :coold:

Reactions: Downset

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Never played. Is that like a puzzle game or just kind of its own thing?

it's hard to put it into a genre. it does have elements of puzzle games but it's mostly a chill game where you roll shit up and get bigger and roll up bigger shit. there's different challenges like you get shooting stars if you do it fast enough, the king praises you if you get it big enough, there's presents hidden around here and there that give you cosmetic items, etc. some levels have specific goals like roll up all the fish, the only ones that piss me off are the bear and cow missions where it ends as soon as you roll up a single bear / cow and you want to get as big as possible to roll up the biggest bear / cow in the level, once you get proper large it's hard to even see the tiniest bears / cows and you have to kind of memorize where they are and some will move around the map, those can kiss my ass. the rest of the game is unique and fantastic.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
it's hard to put it into a genre. it does have elements of puzzle games but it's mostly a chill game where you roll shit up and get bigger and roll up bigger shit. there's different challenges like you get shooting stars if you do it fast enough, the king praises you if you get it big enough, there's presents hidden around here and there that give you cosmetic items, etc. some levels have specific goals like roll up all the fish, the only ones that piss me off are the bear and cow missions where it ends as soon as you roll up a single bear / cow and you want to get as big as possible to roll up the biggest bear / cow in the level, once you get proper large it's hard to even see the tiniest bears / cows and you have to kind of memorize where they are and some will move around the map, those can kiss my ass. the rest of the game is unique and fantastic.
tldr

ur a guy rolling a ball that acts like a snowball rolling downhill getting larger with every piece

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
I should get a ps5

Does stock still suck like 3 years later, or can I just walk in somewhere and buy one?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonct