Bioshock boys: It is time to see if Dead Space is hypeworthy

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
The protagonist is a female person of color, so probably a lot of racists/misogynists are heated
Exactly this. Tons of fucking people hoping for it to fail. Pure mediocre white man incel fragility on display for this one.
Lmao as a latino, it trips me out to see these kind of comments.

Y'all act like this is the first time a game has been hated before it's had more than a shit demo come out, and it's DEFNITELY not that, but because of the lead character.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
Exactly this. Tons of fucking people hoping for it to fail. Pure mediocre white man incel fragility on display for this one.
yea people been bitching about that since the first reveal

i have no issue with it or the banter people complained about

game actually looks kinda fun, but im gonna wait for reviews and all that

PC requirements just make me chuckle as they are a bit insane. and from what we have seen its does not appear to technically need those when compared to other modern releases

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
i not hating on the game itself but those requirements are moronic

I'll be curious to see how much those requirements line up with real world performance once people get their hands on the PC version. It is entirely possible that the PC port could be a dumpster fire, completely independent of how good the game itself is.

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Lmao as a latino, it trips me out to see these kind of comments.

Y'all act like this is the first time a game has been hated before it's had more than a shit demo come out, and it's DEFNITELY not that, but because of the lead character.

I never claimed that anything I'm saying is more than (fair) speculation. Also I specifically meant the kind of odd hate that @Highlander_77 is talking about where people invest a lot of emotion into wanting something to fail - it is weird and suspect

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Remember when Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus was controversial because you could beat up KKK members in it? Same type of crowd.

View attachment 297269
Damn whitey! Everything is their fault!

I never claimed that anything I'm saying is more than (fair) speculation. Also I specifically meant the kind of odd hate that @Highlander_77 is talking about where people invest a lot of emotion into wanting something to fail - it is weird and suspect
That's the internet - see my previous post, people were going ALL OUT talking shit about the games I mentioned. It's that toxic segment of gamer culture.

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah I think it's safe to say both of these realities can co-exist: The game is underwhelming AND it's also targeted by fuckin nerd Anti-SJW Gamergate clickbait bullshit.

Reactions: GRattu

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I've seen REVOLTING comments about lead characters who are minorities all over the internet. Again, not saying it's fact that that is why every single person who hates (not just dislikes) it does, but I'm sure there are some...

Reactions: ostinato

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
I've seen REVOLTING comments about lead characters who are minorities all over the internet. Again, not saying it's fact that that is why every single person who hates (not just dislikes) it does, but I'm sure there are some...

For sure. There are some real TRUE GAMERS out there.

Reactions: Keksim

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I'll be curious to see how much those requirements line up with real world performance once people get their hands on the PC version. It is entirely possible that the PC port could be a dumpster fire, completely independent of how good the game itself is.
this is true

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Kinda tangentially related, but:

Every single time there's a TV show or movie where black people play a role *other than* being thugs or whatever, my parents (especially my dad) find it impossible to not make some sort of shitty comment. These conversations always go like:

"You know they're only including A BLACK PERSON because they are black! It's all liberal nonsense, they only do it because they're black, not because they're the best for the role"

"Sure, whatever, but in reality this country is diverse, what's so bad about having a black person doing a supporting role?"

"I'm fine with that, but they make it so obvious that they are only doing it because he's black"

"What's so obvious about it? How would it be possible for this person to have that role in a 'non-obvious' way?"

"You can just tell, they obviously only put them in there because he's black, they should just not be so obvious about it"

"But what is making this so obvious to you!? How could they have handled it differently that would satisfy you!?"

"It's just obvious"

And it goes round and round, hah.

I heard some family members complaining when She-Hulk was about to come out

"Why do they have to make a female Hulk and Thor? It feels so forced"

The exact type of shit that they make fun of on the show :mamoru:

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
was it Battlefield One (the newer 1) that had women in the trailer that people flipped their shit about as well? of was that BF5
I *think* it was One but yeah, hah.

Someone, somewhere, is going to be upset about __________ being in a _________ and they all need to STFU because they cause drama for the vast majority who just wanna play something cool.

What's really funny/sad were the WoW players who hated the game and kept on subbing.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
2077 had the same hate. CoD. 2042. SW Battlefront. No Man's Sky.

AFTER they came out and were shown to have huge problems (or be obviously unfinished) at launch. At least with 2077 and No Man's Sky. And the thing with Battlefront was how EA hid the lootbox mechanics until after launch so that reviews wouldn't talk about them, wasn't it? Like those were all justifiable criticisms.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
bought Code Vein and Kena: Bridge of Spirits to play on the steam deck, i gotta stop buying games and actually play them

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
AFTER they came out and were shown to have huge problems (or be obviously unfinished) at launch. At least with 2077 and No Man's Sky. And the thing with Battlefront was how EA hid the lootbox mechanics until after launch so that reviews wouldn't talk about them, wasn't it? Like those were all justifiable criticisms.
I saw plenty of people going off about those pre-launch. I have seen people go off about fuckin' Mario Kart. There's always someone, for one reason or another, talking shit.

No more derails from me though! Here for teh gamez
lol imagine not hating it for TRUE GAMER reasons like the combat feels clunky
I am replaying Halo and large oof - it feels awful

• Haha
Reactions: crotch

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
bought Code Vein and Kena: Bridge of Spirits to play on the steam deck, i gotta stop buying games and actually play them
I've been really good about this lately, I almost bought cursed to golf and DmC 5 this week but I'm not gonna play then right away so no point. They're both on sale but I can wait for the next sale

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
Forspoken reviews look pretty mixed so far, which I expected. Probably gonna end up being a 7/10 type game. I'm still going to try it though, the concept appeals to me and I enjoyed what I saw in the demo. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonct