Bioshock boys: It is time to see if Dead Space is hypeworthy

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Haven't pre-ordered a game since cyberpunk fucked everyone

Probably never will again

i used to preorder bethesda and arkane games but they are both on gamepass now so you don't even need to buy them, still preorder blizzard and from software. i think the last game outside that list was bioshock infinite and only because it came with two other free games, xcom and civilization v.

Reactions: obscure/renegade

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
goddamn

FfDOX8IVQAY_lLY

FfDOYUrUoAEL8MD

FfDOXFqUcAE8SCV

FfDOXnDUoAEx-uR

Last edited:

Matren

I am vengeance! I am the night!
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
And to answer posts I've seen on reddit, this is why people would pay money for a 1:1 remake of a game with better graphics. I don't care if I can still play RE4 perfectly fine right now, I want that much better looking RE4 in my hands fucking yesterday.

Reactions: Keksim

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
whoever took those dead space 2008 images is a little bitch, that brightness is cranked all the way up, who even plays horror games like that

Yeah here's a more fair image of what the original looked like without its gamma maxed out

d7yhso5rqa491.jpg

Still holds up pretty well actually

Reactions: NULL_bits

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
wat? wtf hate did 2077 get before it came out?
How about the fuckload of delays, for one? Another one was how glitchy and shitty the pre-release footage was, people saying "They'll release it this way" (which of course they did). There was also bitching about the decryption. The fact that there was something like a 40gb pre-patch which added to the whole "this will be a mess" comments (and again, it was). There were other comments but I didn't bookmark them, as I didn't know I'd need them later.

Matren

Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
How about the fuckload of delays, for one? Another one was how glitchy and shitty the pre-release footage was, people saying "They'll release it this way" (which of course they did). There was also bitching about the decryption. The fact that there was something like a 40gb pre-patch which added to the whole "this will be a mess" comments (and again, it was). There were other comments but I didn't bookmark them, as I didn't know I'd need them later.
Bitching about delays and bitching about the game itself are two different things. Shit, I bitched about the delays.

• Clown
Reactions: obscure/renegade

Matren

Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
20230123180640_1.jpg

Oh Jesus, finally got through this bastard of a song. Legs felt like they were giving out around 7 minutes, but I didn't wanna pause it to rest a sec since that was the furthest I'd gotten. Dunno how I actually passed it given how many missed notes and how many I somehow hit despite not hitting them properly. I swear some songs have different penalties for missing notes

Matren

Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Also playing that map was the first time hearing the original version of This Corrosion, prior to ever attempting it all I had heard was the much shorter cover by In Extremo

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Ok, I'm probably a couple hours into Forspoken now (my copy arrived a day early from Best Buy...yeah, I pre-ordered. I wanted the Steelbook case. Deal with it. :o ). And honestly...while it's a little rough around the edges, I'm finding the early going promising. Obviously I need to get further before I can give a more fleshed out opinion, but I am not seeing anything to justify the massive hate boner for this game. And worst it just seems like an average, inoffensive open-world game. But it looks good (minus a few wrinkles here and there...wish they would have done something different with the way long hair is rendered because it looks pretty rough at times in performance mode), so far gameplay seems fun, and I'm actually kind of enjoying the characters and dialogue. If the constant banter between Frey and Cuff is the same as it was in the demo, I'll be turning that down, but I've actually found the scripted dialogue pretty amusing.

We'll see how it pans out, but considering that the consensus among most of the reviews seems to be that the game gets better as it progresses, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this one.

Reactions: crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Ok, I'm probably a couple hours into Forspoken now (my copy arrived a day early from Best Buy...yeah, I pre-ordered. I wanted the Steelbook case. Deal with it. :o ). And honestly...while it's a little rough around the edges, I'm finding the early going promising. Obviously I need to get further before I can give a more fleshed out opinion, but I am not seeing anything to justify the massive hate boner for this game. And worst it just seems like an average, inoffensive open-world game. But it looks good (minus a few wrinkles here and there...wish they would have done something different with the way long hair is rendered because it looks pretty rough at times in performance mode), so far gameplay seems fun, and I'm actually kind of enjoying the characters and dialogue. If the constant banter between Frey and Cuff is the same as it was in the demo, I'll be turning that down, but I've actually found the scripted dialogue pretty amusing.

We'll see how it pans out, but considering that the consensus among most of the reviews seems to be that the game gets better as it progresses, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this one.
keep us updated i’m still on the fence but need a big open world game to dive into once i finish me3

Reactions: GRattu

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonct