ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
why is she a cunt? joel absolutely deserved to die after the end of the first game, i didn't expect them to kill him off so quickly but i was not upset that it happened at all, joel was the villain of the first game after all

i thought she was the most noble and justified character in the game

yeah abby was by far my favorite character in the game

nah ellie is irredeemable at this point

he massacred an entire group of people that were only trying to help and doomed the human race, there is no nuance, he is the true villain of the story. pure evil blinded by a false sense of parental emotions.

i don't see how you could play through the ending of the last of us and not realize you were playing a monster at the end. like they clearly made you out to be a bad person doing very bad things.

looks like the kids had better heads on their shoulders in that poll

the events of 2 show that it would've been a net positive for humanity if joel had let ellie die at the end of 1, not only were his actions a callously delivered doom for humanity made by massacring people fleeing in terror, they in turn led to mass death and suffering, and it's not like ellie existing is a good thing for just about anyone around her
yooooooooo, just got to "that part" of the story. I kept expecting some angelic reveal. Hell naw man, all these takes are wrong.
abbys no more innocent than joel or ellie, arguably less so. abby KNEW the surgeries would mean death, Ellie was TRICKED, as was Joel, for the "greater good". Abby just got a chip on her shoulder b/c Joel knocked her daddy off, good riddance, he was a coward, unlike Joel who stood up for someone he cares for's life. Abby's dad never answered if it was Abby if he'd do it...BET YOU I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT. Some seriously idiotic takes my dude.

You telling me I get to play the game a THIRD time with a female character?

I get the criticism for the story now - at least the ones that weren't incels.

• Love
Reactions: GRattu

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
yooooooooo, just got to "that part" of the story. I kept expecting some angelic reveal. Hell naw man, all these takes are wrong.
abbys no more innocent than joel or ellie, arguably less so. abby KNEW the surgeries would mean death, Ellie was TRICKED, as was Joel, for the "greater good". Abby just got a chip on her shoulder b/c Joel knocked her daddy off, good riddance, he was a coward, unlike Joel who stood up for someone he cares for's life. Abby's dad never answered if it was Abby if he'd do it...BET YOU I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT. Some seriously idiotic takes my dude.

You telling me I get to play the game a THIRD time with a female character?

I get the criticism for the story now - at least the ones that weren't incels.

what does ellie dying for the cure have to do with shit? that's a worthy sacrifice. joel deserved to die, and he deserved a much worse death. like i said, i was fully on board with letting ellie die for the cure. i was not on board to slaughter the people that were trying to save humanity. there should've been a noble suicide option to end the story because joel was not worth keeping alive. absolute piece of shit. i was GLAD to see him die in 2. i WANTED that. that was awesome.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
what does ellie dying for the cure have to do with shit? that's a worthy sacrifice. joel deserved to die, and he deserved a much worse death. like i said, i was fully on board with letting ellie die for the cure. i was not on board to slaughter the people that were trying to save humanity. there should've been a noble suicide option to end the story because joel was not worth keeping alive. absolute piece of shit. i was GLAD to see him die in 2. i WANTED that. that was awesome.
Gross man. You're negating like 98% of the story and experience for that opinion. As has been demonstrated by the opinions of others in this thread.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i was so glad you didn't play as joel much in 2, i did not want to step into that monster's shoes more than i had to

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta

Conversely
I’ve never felt anger towards any medium like I did when I was watching Joel getting used as a golf ball. Ellie’s fury was my own and it was so well done.
Then we get to peel back all the layers.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Conversely
I’ve never felt anger towards any medium like I did when I was watching Joel getting used as a golf ball. Ellie’s fury was my own and it was so well done.

agreed but i had the opposite response. i felt relief.

• Haha
Reactions: Keksim

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
its only a worthy sacrifice if they do it willingly, not if they do NOT KNOW. C'mon man.

why would that matter? i see no reason whatsoever why that would make the slightest difference. sometimes you have to make ugly decisions for the greater good.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Conversely
I was
mad because I thought it was such a lame way for him to go out.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I was
mad because I thought it was such a lame way for him to go out.

i dunno, he spent a half an hour relentlessly slaughtering innocent people screaming and begging for their lives, he deserved to go out like a dog, i think some lengthy torture would've been warranted but sometimes you just have to put a mad dog down

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
You're saying Abby is justified for being angry because she knew what the procedure meant, death, and if she was immune, she would have willingly volunteered, great, good for her. When both Joel and Abby did not, and the fireflies LIED to them up until the bitter end and Joel found the truth and knew Ellie didn't get that choice with new information.
I'll wait for you to show me the cutscenes contradicting this take.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i guess we had different goals. when playing TLoU1, my goal wasn't to save ellie. it was to save humanity. when you reach the end and it's like "well she has to die" it's like, that's a bummer but the cost is easily worth it. then you're forced to brutally murder innocent people. i guess some people just don't really have morality or something? those actions are absolutely purely villainous and diabolical.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
You're saying Abby is justified for being angry because she knew what the procedure meant, death, and if she was immune, she would have willingly volunteered, great, good for her. When both Joel and Abby did not, and the fireflies LIED to them up until the bitter end and Joel found the truth and knew Ellie didn't get that choice with new information.
I'll wait for you to show me the cutscenes contradicting this take.

no, she's justified because joel was a fucking piece of shit that killed her dad who was a good man when joel has always been a piece of shit, notice how he's divorced at the beginning. probably a wife beater. ABSOLUTELY fits his personality.

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
once we got control of Abby I literally rolled my eyes, really dont know If i'm gonna bother finishing
Keep going. You probably have an idea what the games trying to do by this point, it's worth it to see it to the end IMO. I don't want to give away too much but the set pieces from this point on are so much better than what you've played so far

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
i guess we had different goals. when playing TLoU1, my goal wasn't to save ellie. it was to save humanity. when you reach the end and it's like "well she has to die" it's like, that's a bummer but the cost is easily worth it. then you're forced to brutally murder innocent people. i guess some people just don't really have morality or something? those actions are absolutely purely villainous and diabolical.
I can respect that take - but I viewed it different.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Keep going. You probably have an idea what the games trying to do by this point, it's worth it to see it to the end IMO. I don't want to give away too much but the set pieces from this point on are so much better than what you've played so far
Thats good, I know "how it ends" btw, from the drama when it came out and not intending to own a PS or play it. but how we get to there from here i dunno

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
no, she's justified because joel was a fucking piece of shit that killed her dad who was a good man when joel has always been a piece of shit, notice how he's divorced at the beginning. probably a wife beater. ABSOLUTELY fits his personality.

:bowrofl:

I can see your Steam review: “Divorced, humanity condemning wife beater finally gets what’s coming to him, head caved in by a seven iron”

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
A good man who was willing to sacrifice another mans 'daughter'? Unless more comes to light about what Joel did wrong to these specific people, Joel is no more a villain than anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman