ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
I mean Ellie wasn't "nice", dont get me wrong, but her character development made her actions at least understandable if you have a soul and put yourself in her shoes.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I mean Ellie wasn't "nice", dont get me wrong, but her character development made her actions at least understandable if you have a soul and put yourself in her shoes.

if ellie ever did have a soul it was LONG gone before the end of the game

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
abby is just as much a main character, by FAR the better one, the one that wasn't torturing and murdering to avenge the biggest piece of shit in the world
Eh, your opinion. She was A main character. But I just couldn't buy into her story. We know what Ellie's been through more than her. We're only shown that she's not really had to rough it.

I mean she eats a fucking healthy diet apparently.
when they showed her living in the little mega city I had to roll my eyes.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I said you, not the character.

And I agree. She goes off the deep end a bit, but I for one felt for her.

i didn't. revenge is a terrible motive and her succumbing to that just made me think much less of her as a character. i didn't enjoy playing her through a lot of the game.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Who had to go without food so she could get those guns? :rofl:
she sure doesnt tell the little boy how many scars she's killed either, btw. Bet you it aint zero, but no, she's a saint.

Reactions: GRattu

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
i didn't. revenge is a terrible motive and her succumbing to that just made me think much less of her as a character. i didn't enjoy playing her through a lot of the game.
but she literally didn't succumb? is there more than one ending? Tommy coming back was a pivotal plot point. I feel like there were a lot of conversations that were had in game, not cut scene that you're kind of glossing over

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Or returnal, although I dont love roque light/likes usually.

i love roguelites which is why i bounced off that one pretty hard, it has terrible roguelike mechanics imo. the proc gen ends up making all the levels feel the same every time, there's too little permanent progression and what there is matters too much, and the story presentation just slows the game down to a complete crawl. most things like parasites weren't worth the risk / reward so they were just junk to leave behind to pick up later in case i found a parasite harvester. way too much backtracking like picking up health items when you're full health to get max health, leaving chests for a higher proficiency level, etc. the game rewarded such terribly boring behavior.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Scene at the end of TLOU2
flashback on the porch, where she doesn’t forgive him but indicates she’d like to try, and he tells her he’d make the same decision all over again
is powerhouse - Just that little dab of hope for the repair of their relationship. About as bitter as bittersweet gets

Reactions: GRattu

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
i love roguelites which is why i bounced off that one pretty hard, it has terrible roguelike mechanics imo. the proc gen ends up making all the levels feel the same every time, there's too little permanent progression and what there is matters too much, and the story presentation just slows the game down to a complete crawl. most things like parasites weren't worth the risk / reward so they were just junk to leave behind to pick up later in case i found a parasite harvester. way too much backtracking like picking up health items when you're full health to get max health, leaving chests for a higher proficiency level, etc. the game rewarded such terribly boring behavior.
I feel like hades was great, I enjoyed the many hours I poured into it without ever beating it, I think because I KNEW i was making perm progress through out.
just watched acg's review of it, I noticed the "running around" i.e. back tracking almost right away. I want to play it because it looks pretty but I think I'll skip and commit to FF VII remake for now.

I think that completes my back log of PS5 titles for now. Maybe do Ratchet and Clank although I've never played a single game in the series.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
I feel like hades was great, I enjoyed the many hours I poured into it without ever beating it, I think because I KNEW i was making perm progress through out.
just watched acg's review of it, I noticed the "running around" i.e. back tracking almost right away. I want to play it because it looks pretty but I think I'll skip and commit to FF VII remake for now.

I think that completes my back log of PS5 titles for now. Maybe do Ratchet and Clank although I've never played a single game in the series.

For the record, isn't Returnal available as part of the PS Plus Premium or whatever? If you have access to it through that, I wouldn't skip it based on one person's dislike of certain things the game does. There's a lot more to it than just how well or poorly it implements the roguelike elements.

I wouldn't recommend buying it at full price though if you're not sure how you feel about that style of game though, as it's definitely not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman