ENT GAME Bioshock boys: let us cum together over God of War Ragnarok

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
For the record, isn't Returnal available as part of the PS Plus Premium or whatever? If you have access to it through that, I wouldn't skip it based on one person's dislike of certain things the game does. There's a lot more to it than just how well or poorly it implements the roguelike elements.

I wouldn't recommend buying it at full price though if you're not sure how you feel about that style of game though, as it's definitely not for everyone.

the price thing too, woofta such a hard ask for a roguelike to be priced like a regular game. risk of rain 2 has 100x as much content, is 100x better, and is less than half the price. absolute no brainer there.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
abby completely redeemed herself by the end of the game, unlike ellie. furthermore, joel's death was necessary for humanity to start healing

It sure didn't look to me like humanity was doing a whole lot of healing in the wake of Joel's death. :rofl:

Let's be honest here, it was about personal revenge for Abby because Joel killed her father. The whole story was about how revenge begets revenge and only leads to more suffering in the end.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
the price thing too, woofta such a hard ask for a roguelike to be priced like a regular game. risk of rain 2 has 100x as much content, is 100x better, and is less than half the price. absolute no brainer there.

Different strokes for different folks. I tried to get into Risk of Rain 2 multiple times, and it just didn't grab me.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Different strokes for different folks. I tried to get into Risk of Rain 2 multiple times, and it just didn't grab me.

unlock loader and grapple around everywhere while slamming charge punches into everything, so much fun

i have hundreds of hours in risk of rain 2 and still load it up for a few runs, easily a top tier, 10 / 10 game.

riznat

OT Supporter
Mar 29, 2011
Same, although only really have it a go over the course of like a week, maybe I need to try again. From what I remember, it seemed like a game best played online with others, I'm only playing solo, is the t even online? Lmao I was very lazy in learning that game

NULL_bits

Feb 10, 2021
I know this has kinda become a general gaming thread, but on the topic of Bioshock I just started playing BS2 the other day for the first time and it's actually pretty good! The characters aren't nearly as strong as the original in my opinion, but the gameplay is fun.

I look forward to checking out Bioshock Infinite as well. I don't know why I avoided these games for so long, I loved the original.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I know this has kinda become a general gaming thread, but on the topic of Bioshock I just started playing BS2 the other day for the first time and it's actually pretty good! The characters aren't nearly as strong as the original in my opinion, but the gameplay is fun.

I look forward to checking out Bioshock Infinite as well. I don't know why I avoided these games for so long, I loved the original.
infinite is a strong title, but a definite departure from the first two

Reactions: NULL_bits

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Same, although only really have it a go over the course of like a week, maybe I need to try again. From what I remember, it seemed like a game best played online with others, I'm only playing solo, is the t even online? Lmao I was very lazy in learning that game

i've played probably equal amounts multiplayer and single player and i kinda prefer solo, get to go at my own pace and rely on my own skills. i've beat the game on most classes on monsoon difficulty, huntress and loader are my favorite. merc is way up there too. the starter class, commando, is easily one of my least favorite and one that i cannot beat the game on for shit, fuck that class. if you've only played with that class, unlock other classes asap. although i'm pretty sure they made huntress a default starter class when they released the one shotgun class.

huntress really shines with unlocked abilities so make sure you get those asap.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

i liked 1 & 2 a lot more than infinite. 1 was a 10, 2 was a 9, infinite was like a high 7 / low 8. infinite is SORELY lacking replay value unlike the first two. it's more linear, has fewer options, and smaller areas. kind of railroads you through the story. i loved the set design, music, story, etc. but the gameplay was very lacking compared to the others.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
over 30 hours into phoenotopia and this game is wild af, so beefy. i've looked up some puzzles because i'm usually not sober when i play games but i've solved most of them and i've only looked up hints. love the setting. right now i'm in the ruins of a city that's patrolled by killer robots. kind of reminds me of chrono trigger with the blend of high fantasy, post apocalyptic sci-fi, mystical ruins, etc.

shame there won't be a sequel because they didn't sell enough copies. said it took them 6 years to make the game and i believe it, the scope of this game is fuckin ridiculous when it comes to indie games.

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

Infinite was awesome

My personal fav of the trilogy

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
i liked 1 & 2 a lot more than infinite. 1 was a 10, 2 was a 9, infinite was like a high 7 / low 8. infinite is SORELY lacking replay value unlike the first two. it's more linear, has fewer options, and smaller areas. kind of railroads you through the story. i loved the set design, music, story, etc. but the gameplay was very lacking compared to the others.
I replayed 1 and infinite at the same time and the gameplay was very comparable

The storytelling and level design in infinite were mind-blowing

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
I replayed 1 and infinite at the same time and the gameplay was very comparable

The storytelling and level design in infinite were mind-blowing

nah, 1 had way more variety in enemies, weapons, plasmids, etc. you could upgrade your plasmids in far more directions. had way more options in general. more paths to take, more intricate level design, etc.

from what i've read ken didn't really have a solid idea what he wanted to do with infinite and they scrapped the design multiple times and started over which is why it took so long to come out and why it feels a bit incomplete in the end, because 2k was like "alright dudes it's time to release something"

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
2 weapon limit is the absolute lamest design decision an fps could have and that severely crippled the game's potential when compared to 1. thankfully the DLC didn't have that stupid bullshit.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
over 30 hours into phoenotopia and this game is wild af, so beefy. i've looked up some puzzles because i'm usually not sober when i play games but i've solved most of them and i've only looked up hints. love the setting. right now i'm in the ruins of a city that's patrolled by killer robots. kind of reminds me of chrono trigger with the blend of high fantasy, post apocalyptic sci-fi, mystical ruins, etc.

shame there won't be a sequel because they didn't sell enough copies. said it took them 6 years to make the game and i believe it, the scope of this game is fuckin ridiculous when it comes to indie games.
i’m not a fan of the combat but i am enjoying the puzzles

riznat

OT Supporter
Mar 29, 2011
i've played probably equal amounts multiplayer and single player and i kinda prefer solo, get to go at my own pace and rely on my own skills. i've beat the game on most classes on monsoon difficulty, huntress and loader are my favorite. merc is way up there too. the starter class, commando, is easily one of my least favorite and one that i cannot beat the game on for shit, fuck that class. if you've only played with that class, unlock other classes asap. although i'm pretty sure they made huntress a default starter class when they released the one shotgun class.

huntress really shines with unlocked abilities so make sure you get those asap.
Yep, I never did unlock any other classes. I'll give it another try and figure out what I need to do to unlock some others

TS
TS
Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
nah, 1 had way more variety in enemies, weapons, plasmids, etc. you could upgrade your plasmids in far more directions. had way more options in general. more paths to take, more intricate level design, etc.

from what i've read ken didn't really have a solid idea what he wanted to do with infinite and they scrapped the design multiple times and started over which is why it took so long to come out and why it feels a bit incomplete in the end, because 2k was like "alright dudes it's time to release something"
I had just as much fun with both so it doesn't ultimately matter to me

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
~5 hrs into FFVIIR and just go into chapter 4. Game is a lot of fun. Did all the side quests in chapter 3 to get a handle on the combat and after reading some tips online and practicing, I think its mostly clicked now. Really enjoying it.

Reactions: GRattu and crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman